One More, I Mean Two More Books



I also read this short book after Hunger Games and though I liked it, 
it wasn't quite what I was looking for.  
It is a great book though, and I should have read it to Catelyn out loud.  
It was that cute and sweet and good, for a lack of a better word. (See this is why I am not a writer.)


Then because I asked Camille for some suggestions, I ended up reading this.   (I admit I laughed and scoffed --judging the book by it's name and cover. Don't judge me.  We all do it.) But, in the end I read yet another book!  And in less than 24 hours!  I picked it up from the Iona library on Thursday after 1pm ('cause they don't open til then...) and I had it done by Friday night at 11pm.  RE-DONK-U-LUSS.

It was quite the fix after the Hunger Games Series.

I devoured it.

Ate up all it's sparkin', fixin', bawlin' and makin' pies.

Gotta say my one of my favorite parts was this:  (I share it because it is so funny -real life when it comes to kids and men.  S'happened a few times in our own home.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no more time to consider it, for in the next moment a giggling straw-headed little angel came bounding over from her play with the other children, landin' herself squarely on Ryder's "lap"which of course, wasn't there since he was lying down.


"Oof!" he choked out in obvious pain; Makenna giggled and stretch over Ryder's stomach, reachin' up to squeeze his cheeks lovingly.  Dusty bit her lip, but couldn't stop the giggle that rose in her throat when he winced and chocked out, "Well, hello there. . . . . you little devil, you."


"We frowed our ball and it's stuck in the the tree now, Ryder Magics.  Please will you get it for us?" Makenna begged.


Ryder chuckled.  Gently he move the little girl off his body, and struggled to sit up.  Dusty smiled and bit her lip as Ryder sat, silent for a moment, an expression of anger lingering on his face.

"Sure thing, sweetheart," he choked out.  "Just give me a minute."


Again, Dusty giggled at the same time feeling sorry for him.  He looked up and grinned through his pain-stricken frown.  "You go on and laugh, brat, " he said as he struggled to his feet, "But you'll be havin' a whole lot more sympathy when the day comes that you're wantin' to have my baby."  He laughed wholeheartedly as Dusty gasped, nearly falling over from shock at the remark.


"I can't believe you said that" she exclaimed . . .


"Yes, you can." he corrected her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks Camille.

It was perfect.

Comments

Erinn said…
awesome!! i love new book recommendations... you should join our book club.. for some reason i thought you had said once you didn't like to read. if that's not the case call me and i'll fill ya in on the details!
Camille said…
Glad you liked it as much as I did. =)
Beth said…
Feel free to keep sharing about books! I love to read anything i can get my hands on!
LOL, awesome. I'll have to check out that book!

And if you need another book to read, try:
Queen in Exile
The Stranger she Married

Both by Donna Hatch.

They're like... really good chick flicks. :D
cardwellclan said…
I love it, Gina. I read Princess Academy too just a few months ago and I loved it! It was a great book, written well, touched base emotions, I think, and was just plain captivating. I would like to some day read Hunger Games and a few more books. Maybe in the next decade :) I am kidding, I am going to read more before that!