A year ago I did some homemade marshmallows for a bake sale that the school was having, and they were a hit. This year, I was asked to do them again! I may have gone overboard, but oh well. It was for a good cause.
I spent nearly 8 hours in making them. It's not hard, just time consuming to wait for it to cook to soft ball stage and then cutting them and dusting them and bagging them takes time too. My grandma Betty would HATE that I didnt' count how many I had, but I am guessing nearly 450 pieces. There were 10 per bag, and I know I had over 40 bags when all was said and done. And I kept 6 bags for us. I did up four flavors this year. I started by trying to do chocolate, but you could barely taste the chocolate, so I ended up calling them Hint of Chocolate, since there was really just a hint of it. Then we had Root Beer, Mint, and Coconut. All were de-lish! Yummmm!
I enjoyed doing it and I dont' even mind the clean up, cause it comes up with a warm rag in one swipe. And the kids love them, too. And so do the teachers and staff at the school!
I spent nearly 8 hours in making them. It's not hard, just time consuming to wait for it to cook to soft ball stage and then cutting them and dusting them and bagging them takes time too. My grandma Betty would HATE that I didnt' count how many I had, but I am guessing nearly 450 pieces. There were 10 per bag, and I know I had over 40 bags when all was said and done. And I kept 6 bags for us. I did up four flavors this year. I started by trying to do chocolate, but you could barely taste the chocolate, so I ended up calling them Hint of Chocolate, since there was really just a hint of it. Then we had Root Beer, Mint, and Coconut. All were de-lish! Yummmm!
I enjoyed doing it and I dont' even mind the clean up, cause it comes up with a warm rag in one swipe. And the kids love them, too. And so do the teachers and staff at the school!

Comments