If you have ever driven truck for us at corn harvest-- this signal is one of a few you watch for-- MOVE OVER. I think it's funny how we have simple hand commands that really make a huge difference when we harvest. Signals for: Drink, Eat, Move Up, Move Back, You're Done, One more round, Count the rows, and obviously, Move Over.
I love this time of year. I love the smell of the corn and I always think of Grandma Kathleen when we chop corn. For some reason, I always have this funny memory come to mind (whether it's real or not) about Grandma hitting a dike really hard and sending me up in my seat high enough that I smacked my young head on the metal roof of the truck. Maybe that's why I can't remember anything. I also have a vague memory of one of the corn trucks tipping over, as a back wheel hit a ditch just east of the corn pit. But I don't remember more of that. And I also remember when Catelyn was tiny, where a tire literally came off the truck, taking several hours to fix. I love some of the shots I have of Lee and Dean and the guys working. It makes me smile. So here is a look back at some of the Corn Harvest photos I have (though I am not posting all I have!) Wish I had even more--especially when Landon was little. I don't have any from 2005 or 2006! Boo! Oh well!


Lynn, 2010
I love this time of year. I love the smell of the corn and I always think of Grandma Kathleen when we chop corn. For some reason, I always have this funny memory come to mind (whether it's real or not) about Grandma hitting a dike really hard and sending me up in my seat high enough that I smacked my young head on the metal roof of the truck. Maybe that's why I can't remember anything. I also have a vague memory of one of the corn trucks tipping over, as a back wheel hit a ditch just east of the corn pit. But I don't remember more of that. And I also remember when Catelyn was tiny, where a tire literally came off the truck, taking several hours to fix. I love some of the shots I have of Lee and Dean and the guys working. It makes me smile. So here is a look back at some of the Corn Harvest photos I have (though I am not posting all I have!) Wish I had even more--especially when Landon was little. I don't have any from 2005 or 2006! Boo! Oh well!
Harvest of 2003
Harvest of 2008


Harvest of 2010







Comments