Wake up feeling a bit lousy.
Fall from a two step ladder.
Really. Yesterday I woke up feeling kinda lousy, so I took it easy after getting the dishes done and laundry started. At lunch time, I was putting some puzzles away in our front closet. My right ankle gave out under me and the full weight of my body fell to the floor. The full force of my backward fall landed me on me bum, and then I smacked my head HARD on the door. My body wrenched with pain in my ankle and head, and I rolled to my side, breathless. When I was able to regain control on my lungs, I winced and cried.
Landon ran for the phone, called Kyle and left a message: Dad, mom's hurt. Bye.
He and Jocelyn were a little panicked until I was able to calm them down, and reassure them I was fine. But I limped around for a few minutes then took to the recliner, after taken 3 more Advil, with ice on my ankle and my book. And there I stayed for the rest of the day.
Seriously, I don't think I have fallen that hard or hit my head with such force, ever. Or least not as an adult. My lousy day went from bad to worse, and all I got done was the dishes, two loads of laundry, and an entire Marci Lynn McClure book.
Catching up today.
I read three books over Thanksgiving break. The Heavenly Surrender, Weathered Too Young, and Graceling. Then yesterday I finished The Whispered Kiss.
We had a great Thanksgiving, and I have photos to post, but that will have to be later today or so!
Fall from a two step ladder.
Really. Yesterday I woke up feeling kinda lousy, so I took it easy after getting the dishes done and laundry started. At lunch time, I was putting some puzzles away in our front closet. My right ankle gave out under me and the full weight of my body fell to the floor. The full force of my backward fall landed me on me bum, and then I smacked my head HARD on the door. My body wrenched with pain in my ankle and head, and I rolled to my side, breathless. When I was able to regain control on my lungs, I winced and cried.
Landon ran for the phone, called Kyle and left a message: Dad, mom's hurt. Bye.
He and Jocelyn were a little panicked until I was able to calm them down, and reassure them I was fine. But I limped around for a few minutes then took to the recliner, after taken 3 more Advil, with ice on my ankle and my book. And there I stayed for the rest of the day.
Seriously, I don't think I have fallen that hard or hit my head with such force, ever. Or least not as an adult. My lousy day went from bad to worse, and all I got done was the dishes, two loads of laundry, and an entire Marci Lynn McClure book.
Catching up today.
I read three books over Thanksgiving break. The Heavenly Surrender, Weathered Too Young, and Graceling. Then yesterday I finished The Whispered Kiss.
We had a great Thanksgiving, and I have photos to post, but that will have to be later today or so!
Comments
Landon is super smart to call his Daddy like that.
Wow, three books over Thanksgiving break?! You are a reading machine!! I'm glad we're goodreads buddies now. Maybe some of your motivation will rub off on me! Reading is so fun!