Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I have moved from reading all the time to reading a lot of the time and addressing Christmas cards. I have to admit that I like doing Christmas cards. I love getting them even more. I like the brag letters and the updates and everything that comes with them. I know, I know people don't like them or hate sending them, but not me.
So if you are working on some of your own, put me on your list.
I will love your card, I promise!
Also, the road show is coming along for me-- script-wise-- anyway. I am polishing it up a bit and then it will be ready! Memorizing comes next, right? Well, that is after we get it cast and I beg people to take the parts I have written. There are characters in my script that I am probably too proud of and feel emotionally connected too! I know! Silly huh! Since we are talking about screen writing and plays and my adoration for fake people in books and plays, I thought I would share an example I did up for Kara.
She asked me if she could share my script, as an example, but truly, I couldn't say yes, as it's OUR show! I mean, I can't reveal our road show's awesomeness to everyone! Not yet! But being the smart girl Kara is, she recognized that fact right away, and asked me to write up something that I would be willing to share. Which I have done.
Here it is and I share with you because I want you to know how awesome I am.
Because I am conceited and haughty like that.
*insert your eye roll here*
It's a rough draft, keep that in mind. And keep in mind it's a ROAD SHOW. It's not supposed to be anything more than fun, engaging, and have a little message of some sort related to the gospel. I know from being in a few shows, that it's hard to look at a script some times and see the show come to life. Much like looking at a blue print for a house you haven't ever seen and you feel at a loss for seeing the house for what it will be really like. Regardless, I'll share it with you. Let your imagination go with it. Enjoy!
So if you are working on some of your own, put me on your list.
I will love your card, I promise!
Also, the road show is coming along for me-- script-wise-- anyway. I am polishing it up a bit and then it will be ready! Memorizing comes next, right? Well, that is after we get it cast and I beg people to take the parts I have written. There are characters in my script that I am probably too proud of and feel emotionally connected too! I know! Silly huh! Since we are talking about screen writing and plays and my adoration for fake people in books and plays, I thought I would share an example I did up for Kara.
She asked me if she could share my script, as an example, but truly, I couldn't say yes, as it's OUR show! I mean, I can't reveal our road show's awesomeness to everyone! Not yet! But being the smart girl Kara is, she recognized that fact right away, and asked me to write up something that I would be willing to share. Which I have done.
Here it is and I share with you because I want you to know how awesome I am.
Because I am conceited and haughty like that.
*insert your eye roll here*
It's a rough draft, keep that in mind. And keep in mind it's a ROAD SHOW. It's not supposed to be anything more than fun, engaging, and have a little message of some sort related to the gospel. I know from being in a few shows, that it's hard to look at a script some times and see the show come to life. Much like looking at a blue print for a house you haven't ever seen and you feel at a loss for seeing the house for what it will be really like. Regardless, I'll share it with you. Let your imagination go with it. Enjoy!
Biblical Time Idea
Sub-theme of FHE
Mentally picture the over all show as the Wizard of Oz. But instead of searching for home, brains, heart, courage, etc., they are searching for the perfect family home evening. Then --(obviously to the crowd and not to themselves) --Scarecrow who has no brains, could be the one who will come up with the lesson. Tinman who has no heart could come up with a heartfelt thought and scripture. The Lion who lacks courage, could come up with a great activity. Toto would be a great comical relief as his lines could be nothing more than barks and growls and the like. At the end, when they come to find the prophet, who ironically could be placed in their path the entire time though they would never realize it, would be there to show that they had it in themselves the entire time; They didn’t need his help to come up with a great FHE. Extra characters include munchkins, Glinda the Good Witch (like the holy ghost), Elphaba the Wicked Witch (like Satan)
along with possible characters such as talking trees, funky monkey birds, etc.
I used Moses but you could use any prophet.
(Curtain closed, Dorothy, Toto, Lion, & Tinman come across stage left to stage right to find Scarecrow pinned up to a post--)
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?
Scarecrow: Pardon me, this way is a very nice way.
Lion: Who said that?
Toto: (to Scarecrow) Bark Bark!
Scarecrow: Pardon me, this way is a very nice way.
Lion: Who said that?
Toto: (to Scarecrow) Bark Bark!
Tinman: Don't be silly, Toto. Scarecrows don't talk.
Scarecrow: [points other way] It's pleasant down that way, too.
Dorothy: That's funny. Wasn't he pointing the other way?
Scarecrow: [points both ways] Of course, some people do go both ways.
Scarecrow: [points other way] It's pleasant down that way, too.
Dorothy: That's funny. Wasn't he pointing the other way?
Scarecrow: [points both ways] Of course, some people do go both ways.
Dorothy: Oh My! Are you speaking to us?
Scarecrow: Why, yes I am!
Tinman: Would you like to get down from there?
Scarecrow: Oh, would you mind helping me down? (Help him down)Where are you going?
Lion: To see the prophet. We need a family Home Evening idea.
Dorothy: Well then! We’re off to see the prophet! The wonderful prophet of _______.
Tinman: Do you think he will have any way to help us? I just don’t think he can!
Lion: Surely, he can! No one knows can do more than he!
Toto: Bark Bark!
Tinman: The prophet is a wonderful prophet. Look at all he does! He can surely help us to find a good family home evening.
Tinman: The prophet is a wonderful prophet. Look at all he does! He can surely help us to find a good family home evening.
(Moses enters stage right)
Moses: (to crowd) Let my people go! Let my people go!
Toto: Bark Bark!
Lion: Tinman, who do you suppose that guys is?
Tinman: I haven’t any idea! I wonder who his people are!
Dorothy: Well, all I know is we don’t have time to find his people or let them go, because we’re off to see the prophet, the wonderful prophet of ____________. I’m sure that man doesn’t know any prophets.
(Moses and Dorothy and gang exit stage. Curtain opens to Munchkin Land with busy munchkins)
Munchkin lines: (alternate between two people or many)
-Follow the yellow brick road!
-Follow the prophet!
-Follow the yellow brick road!
- Follow the prophet!
-Follow the yellow brick road!
- Follow the prophet!
lollypop guild!
Glinda the Good Fairy: Dearest Dorothy! As you and your friends begin this adventure to find the perfect Family Home Evening lesson, let this red ruby _______ help you on your way. Beware of false prophets and keep your eyes out for -----------------
Elphaba: My pretty! My pretty! I’ll get you my pretty! Family Home Evening isn’t all it’s cracked up to be! Bahahahahahahh!
Comments
Okay, so here is an idea. They should make you the script writer for the entire stake. I am sure you have enough ideas and material for everyone! Seriously, you MaGnIfY your callings!! I will most def need a copy of the video of the roadshow!!
Love the earrings! Were those the ones you wore at church yesterday?
I love the Christmas letter and good idea for posting it to your blog. I need to get into high gear and finish up all my loose ends before Christmas!