Well, there has been a lot going on the last few weeks. Nothing's in any specific order. But here goes!
♥I got strep, two days before Christmas. It sucked. I finally went and got something from the doctor for it a week later. I had to call my OB. I think it's time for a family doctor.
♥I really have been wanting {brace yourself, this is so dumb} a cat bed for Kida. But I just can't justify spending even $10 dollars on a pet bed. What if she doesn't even use it? What a waste. Plus, Kyle would probably tan my hide if I bought one. So I decided to make her one. And if she grew to like it, then I could justify the purchase of one. Well, my little sewing escapade was SO MUCH HARDER than I thought it would be. {Thanks Cortnie for the batting!} All my effort -and 4 hours of my time- were worth it. She does like it. A lot.
♥The Road Show is coming along. Slowly but surely. I am worried that I don't have fully committed participants at times, but I also have faith that it will come together. I also know I have some of the best people helping me out with it too, so that balances out the concerns. {One in particular is AMBER!}
♥On top of that, BJ is home! We celebrated Christmas -again- and opened gifts and had a big dinner...etc. So fun! While we hung out at Grandma's we had to try on Grandpa's very expensive snowmobile goggles, so he could tell us how they are not a toy, and take pictures. So funny!
♥We have been trying to decide on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary, and I think we might have one picked out. Just need to make the decision. If you wanna come, by all means, you're invited! (We are going the first week of May!)
♥I was stressed out for 4 days when all the fonts went down on my blogs and a few of my friends blogs. I went so far as to re-install stuff, and post my troubles on webs.com....only to find that I needed to update my Java. Silly.
♥I braved asking a question at the adult session of our Stake Conference, while Elder Golden was visiting. I asked something along the lines of "will you share some of your tender mercies that the Lord has blessed you with that have sustained you in your calling?" only after mentioning that I googled him, because I didn't know who he was. I knew that he wouldn't go into deep spiritual experiences but I wanted to have him talk to us about what ever he felt impressed to share, and incorporate the spirit into that. I thought it was a decent thing to ask, but after words I felt slightly stupid until I had a few people who I truly respect tell me that they thought it was a good question.
♥A week or so ago I stayed up til 3 am with Amber, 1 am with Candace and Amber, went out to dinner with Seedall's, bummed the night away with Amy and fed four different families dinner. I also took a meal into a lady I didn't know, and celebrated my mom's birthday. All the while reading a book series that Camille and Trenna got me hook on. The Vampire Academy. I wore myself out a bit.
♥I was driving up to our mail box, to get the mail, obviously, and the road was slick. I was going slow too. You know where this is going, don't you? It was like slow motion. There wasn't anything I could do about it. I barely clipped the box, thinking I was safe. Whew. Until then the box twisted a bit, and popped right off. The best part? Kyle was in the drive way shoveling and watch the whole thing. He made fun of me for a while and then harassed my driving skills a bit. I feel totally dumb.
♥I am watching the Bachelor, and so is my sister, so we can chat about how catty and silly and dramatic those women are. It's hilarious to me.
And last but not least. More like, last and longest....
♥(The first Sunday of this year was when Kyle was called to the High Council, though that news was only made public three days ago, Jan 16th. What a way to start off the new year!) I admit, receiving phone calls from Brother Carter is an exhilarating experience. First off, he has to be the friendliest Stake Secretary in the world, and secondly, he is so fun to talk too. However when he delivers the reason for his phone call, it makes one's stomach flip a little bit. Back in December, before Christmas, was when the first call came. Then a few weeks later came the New Years Day call. Those interviews were special and spiritual, and all together, wonderful...
We have had the wonderful opportunity to visit with President Fuller, President Johnson, and President Cooper now, twice, for nearly an hour each time. They are so kind, tender, and thoughtful. President Fuller has shared some wonderful experiences with us, and in return we have told him some of our tender mercies in life. I don't know what it is exactly he sees when he looks at us, but I can only imagine he sees what I see when I look at Kyle----
Kyle has a quiet, commanding spirit about him, and he is also full of wisdom, charity, compassion, patience, love and blessed with the gift of endurance. Seldom complaining, Kyle always goes the extra mile, and seldom do I have to ask for him to pitch in as a husband or father around our home. He is always willing to go to any home, any location to offer comfort, or a blessing, or help move someone. He gets up every morning faithfully to work out, read talks from General Authorities or his scriptures, etc. He is quick to fall asleep at night but he can hoot with the owls when he wants.
One of the kindest comments made to us recently, was from Lindsay Sewell, who commented that Kyle and I were "equally yoked". I have pondered that compliment over the last two weeks. I am not sure what made him so sure that we were or that we are "equally yoked" but the more I have thought about it, I know for myself that this is true. I think that we compliment each other, work well as a team, talk out difficulties or concerns, trust each other explicitly, and offer love and support unconditionally. We certainly are not perfect, and we struggle at times too. But I also am aware that we stand out as a married couple considering what the world's view is of marriage and fidelity.
We are deeply grateful for Tim and Aaron and the others in the bishopric that have shared in experiences over the last four years that have stretched Kyle and shaped him into an even more wonderful man. There is a tinge of sadness as he is leaving the "team" and watching them continue on. I am sure that it will pass, but still, we feel that loss.
For me, I am beyond grateful for the close relationship Kyle's calling fostered for me with Candace Sautter. She is truly a close and dear friend, and a confidant and sister. I love her so much and feel loved by her. What a difference her life has made in mine.
With kind compliments about his future within our ward and in the gospel, flattering remarks about how he is a spiritual giant (which I agree, he is!) and the love and support we have felt from the Lord, we are excited about his new calling, and the opportunity to serve within our Stake. We intend to enjoy the moment fully!Whew! But I love it and wouldn't change it in any way.
Kyle, 2007 Just two weeks from being called the Bishopric, snuggling with Jocelyn.
♥I got strep, two days before Christmas. It sucked. I finally went and got something from the doctor for it a week later. I had to call my OB. I think it's time for a family doctor.
♥I really have been wanting {brace yourself, this is so dumb} a cat bed for Kida. But I just can't justify spending even $10 dollars on a pet bed. What if she doesn't even use it? What a waste. Plus, Kyle would probably tan my hide if I bought one. So I decided to make her one. And if she grew to like it, then I could justify the purchase of one. Well, my little sewing escapade was SO MUCH HARDER than I thought it would be. {Thanks Cortnie for the batting!} All my effort -and 4 hours of my time- were worth it. She does like it. A lot.
♥The Road Show is coming along. Slowly but surely. I am worried that I don't have fully committed participants at times, but I also have faith that it will come together. I also know I have some of the best people helping me out with it too, so that balances out the concerns. {One in particular is AMBER!}
♥On top of that, BJ is home! We celebrated Christmas -again- and opened gifts and had a big dinner...etc. So fun! While we hung out at Grandma's we had to try on Grandpa's very expensive snowmobile goggles, so he could tell us how they are not a toy, and take pictures. So funny!
♥We have been trying to decide on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary, and I think we might have one picked out. Just need to make the decision. If you wanna come, by all means, you're invited! (We are going the first week of May!)
♥I was stressed out for 4 days when all the fonts went down on my blogs and a few of my friends blogs. I went so far as to re-install stuff, and post my troubles on webs.com....only to find that I needed to update my Java. Silly.
♥I braved asking a question at the adult session of our Stake Conference, while Elder Golden was visiting. I asked something along the lines of "will you share some of your tender mercies that the Lord has blessed you with that have sustained you in your calling?" only after mentioning that I googled him, because I didn't know who he was. I knew that he wouldn't go into deep spiritual experiences but I wanted to have him talk to us about what ever he felt impressed to share, and incorporate the spirit into that. I thought it was a decent thing to ask, but after words I felt slightly stupid until I had a few people who I truly respect tell me that they thought it was a good question.
♥A week or so ago I stayed up til 3 am with Amber, 1 am with Candace and Amber, went out to dinner with Seedall's, bummed the night away with Amy and fed four different families dinner. I also took a meal into a lady I didn't know, and celebrated my mom's birthday. All the while reading a book series that Camille and Trenna got me hook on. The Vampire Academy. I wore myself out a bit.
♥I was driving up to our mail box, to get the mail, obviously, and the road was slick. I was going slow too. You know where this is going, don't you? It was like slow motion. There wasn't anything I could do about it. I barely clipped the box, thinking I was safe. Whew. Until then the box twisted a bit, and popped right off. The best part? Kyle was in the drive way shoveling and watch the whole thing. He made fun of me for a while and then harassed my driving skills a bit. I feel totally dumb.
♥I am watching the Bachelor, and so is my sister, so we can chat about how catty and silly and dramatic those women are. It's hilarious to me.
And last but not least. More like, last and longest....
♥(The first Sunday of this year was when Kyle was called to the High Council, though that news was only made public three days ago, Jan 16th. What a way to start off the new year!) I admit, receiving phone calls from Brother Carter is an exhilarating experience. First off, he has to be the friendliest Stake Secretary in the world, and secondly, he is so fun to talk too. However when he delivers the reason for his phone call, it makes one's stomach flip a little bit. Back in December, before Christmas, was when the first call came. Then a few weeks later came the New Years Day call. Those interviews were special and spiritual, and all together, wonderful...
We have had the wonderful opportunity to visit with President Fuller, President Johnson, and President Cooper now, twice, for nearly an hour each time. They are so kind, tender, and thoughtful. President Fuller has shared some wonderful experiences with us, and in return we have told him some of our tender mercies in life. I don't know what it is exactly he sees when he looks at us, but I can only imagine he sees what I see when I look at Kyle----
Kyle has a quiet, commanding spirit about him, and he is also full of wisdom, charity, compassion, patience, love and blessed with the gift of endurance. Seldom complaining, Kyle always goes the extra mile, and seldom do I have to ask for him to pitch in as a husband or father around our home. He is always willing to go to any home, any location to offer comfort, or a blessing, or help move someone. He gets up every morning faithfully to work out, read talks from General Authorities or his scriptures, etc. He is quick to fall asleep at night but he can hoot with the owls when he wants.
One of the kindest comments made to us recently, was from Lindsay Sewell, who commented that Kyle and I were "equally yoked". I have pondered that compliment over the last two weeks. I am not sure what made him so sure that we were or that we are "equally yoked" but the more I have thought about it, I know for myself that this is true. I think that we compliment each other, work well as a team, talk out difficulties or concerns, trust each other explicitly, and offer love and support unconditionally. We certainly are not perfect, and we struggle at times too. But I also am aware that we stand out as a married couple considering what the world's view is of marriage and fidelity.
We are deeply grateful for Tim and Aaron and the others in the bishopric that have shared in experiences over the last four years that have stretched Kyle and shaped him into an even more wonderful man. There is a tinge of sadness as he is leaving the "team" and watching them continue on. I am sure that it will pass, but still, we feel that loss.
For me, I am beyond grateful for the close relationship Kyle's calling fostered for me with Candace Sautter. She is truly a close and dear friend, and a confidant and sister. I love her so much and feel loved by her. What a difference her life has made in mine.
With kind compliments about his future within our ward and in the gospel, flattering remarks about how he is a spiritual giant (which I agree, he is!) and the love and support we have felt from the Lord, we are excited about his new calling, and the opportunity to serve within our Stake. We intend to enjoy the moment fully!Whew! But I love it and wouldn't change it in any way.
Kyle, 2007 Just two weeks from being called the Bishopric, snuggling with Jocelyn.
Kyle today. De-lish!

Comments
Kyle, you will be awesome in your new calling.
PS - cat bed for Kita?!?!? hahhaah no more teasing me about baby-ing my dog.
Also, congrats to Kyle on his new calling! How scary and I'm sure it will be a great new change in the lives of your family.
Tony and I have a lot of respect for Kyle and know he will be wonderful on the HC!