west yelly

There was so much snow!  Kyle has photos of how much we're talking about, but his cell is d-e-a-d. (haha, pun intended.)  I think the hotel WestMark just inherited his cell charger, just like they inherited his favorite tie last year.  Oh well. Anyway, there is so much snow that some buildings are nearly covered roof to floor.  Entire cars are buried, and everyone is driving around on snowmobiles.

One guy that Kyle met at church on Sunday, told Kyle that he lives in Yellowstone, at Old Faithful.  When Kyle inquired how he got to church, the man replied, "On my snowmobile.  I put on my suit, then I put on my snow suit and it takes about an hour to get here."  I wanted to know what about his family??!!!  Or is the guy single?  Kyle didn't know.  Seriously, you think going to church is difficult, but that one puts things into perspective a bit, now doesn't it!

Okay, so the agenda was thus:

Friday:
Leave for West around 3pm
Arrive: 5 pm
Dinner 
Swimming
Bedtime
(that all went nice and smoothly!)
Saturday:
Sledding in the morning
Lunch and Quiet Time
Fly Kites
Dinner
Swimming
(This also went well, other than after dinner, Cate was feeling lousy)
Sunday:
Church at 10am
(By this point Cate definitely was sick, Croup the most likely culprit)
Lunch and Quiet Time
Movies, Games Etc.
Dinner and Superbowl
Bingo
Bedtime
Monday:
Pack Up and Head Home
Safe arrival around noon

I want to remember to take next time:
Laundry Soap and Dryer sheets
Large zip lock bags for left over food or Tupperware
A couple of large garbage bags for snow gear and dirty clothes
More Medicines
Liquid Creamer and Cocomotion

Yup, that's all.

Now for some photos to show you how much fun we had!
We were totally spoiled by Mac and Kelly, and came home with new movies, games, and treats!
I didn't take as many photos as I had homed, but still!
Kids and the fun they had can be found on their blog!






Making  9 mugs of cocoa is time consuming and the stirring was out of control.  *insert big smily face*
Hence the liquid creamer and cocoa-motion next time...

Though, I am pushing for a Disney trip next time!

Comments

Chels said…
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Sounds like a really fun trip for sure. Hope all those kids get feelin better too.
Krystal said…
Looks like you guys had a blast!
Matt and Jessie said…
How fun! Glad you guys were able to get away. I saw on fb that all your kids are sick. Sorry! That is always rough!! Hope everyone is on the mend!
Camille said…
Looks like fun times!
Anonymous said…
Brrrrr!! Looks like you had a blast anyways! Hope everyone is finally feeling better. :)