bathroom progress

Last but not least.....



 With paint...
though it looks blue, not gray....And it is gray.




The bathroom in the basement is really coming along!  Texture is done, prime and paint are finished as well!  Tile comes in tomorrow!  It's gonna be great!  I admit I haven't dusted or vacuumed the basement in nearly two weeks, and despite the layer of grime and filth I see down there, I figure it's not worth doing really until they are done ... Thankfully, Top Notch is TOP NOTCH!  They do a really good job of covering stuff, and taping themselves into a room when they sand, but texturing and such is was it is...and it makes a mess no matter who you are.


I chose a medium blue gray color for the walls, and a gorgeous gray tile with black and a rust marble in it.  The counters we are still trying to decide on, but those will be coming in this next week.... and I opted to save money and not put in mirrors with medicine cabinets.  Just a flush mirror.  I will have a linen closet down there, so that will be good enough.  I hope.  It's the best we can do with the budget we've got.


The cabinet work is being done by KVO, and I am pumped to have a grommet hole--you know--like in a restaurant for the trash...yeahhhh.  That's the kind.  I want one of those.  I hate seeing trash cans.


I am having Hill's Plumbing do the same faucet as upstairs, Kohler's Fairfax.  I love my faucets.

The electrical was done by Ordeal Electric, and they are pretty great.  Fast, and went the extra mile to offer to do all the fixtures in the bedrooms down stairs at no extra charge!


Matt Egbert will do the tile (Starting tomorrow...) and trim it out too.  We ♥ him.


And Scott Yeager did the framing.  We ♥ him too.

Then, Top Notch will come back and finish painting the trim.

Then it will be up to me to choose a color for some towels, rugs, and shower curtain....Suggestions?  Dark Gray with Pink? Bright Orange? Yellow? Black and Red? Aqua?  Emerald Green?

Comments

That IS exciting! I can't wait ti see it finished!
And I so feel your pain! Luke is doing EVERYTHING himself in the basement. He finally finished taping/mudding/sanding/texturing/priming the walls, now he's hanging up trim. After that, we finish up the stone around the fireplace, then paint the trim/walls, finish the electrical, and then comes carpet!!!
It's been slow with Luke being a one man crew but hey, it's nice to see some progress!!
Camille said…
It looks great! I cant wait to see the finished product. My vote is bright orange. :D