first show responses

Well, I certainly don't want this to be bragging, but I want to document some of the kindest things people said to me about our TOOTH FAIRY SHOW last night.  At least the ones I can remember.  I was so surprised at the magnitude of compliments we/I got last night. 

So at the risk of sounding conceited, here goes...

Up until last night we had yet to get the lights and sounds just right, and lines for that matter.  But like I always tell my cast, a bad dress rehearsal means a great show.  And boy, did we nail it last night!  We were so solid.  There was one small moment where Macy went blank for a second too long, but she came back with full confidence and did great!  Autumn was perfect too.  Smooth and slow lines led to the crowd laughing more and more at us, and at the end they were in full laughter mode.  Our lights blacked out perfectly, and sounds were spot on.  We had one small mic glitch but it was quickly fixed.

I couldn't help but notice President Fuller, who sat front row, literally laughing out loud at us.  When the black out hit, we ran down the middle isle, and the laughter was growing and comments like, "That was so funny!" and "That was great!" echoed amid the laughter.  I am so glad I heard it.  It made all the hard work and effort worth it.

Afterwords, I was swamped by people who came up to me, searching me out to say some of the nicest things ever.

First person to catch me after the show was completely over was President Fuller, actually.  I admit I was most nervous to perform in front of him.  I just felt like, well, I didn't want him to think less of me, for acting so silly and looking so ridiculous.  By my fears were in vain, because he literally said, "I can give you a hug with your husband standing here.  You were great!"  And he did.  He gave me a strong side hug and was all smiles at me.  I wish Autumn and Macy could have been there for that.  It was so rewarding.

After that, the throng of people I can remember consisted of lots of little girls, several members of the High Council and a few bishops I know, and several sweet grandmas. I ran into Nick Robison, of all people, and he hugged me and said I did great too!  The Pettingill's and their family were there.  And Trudy and Whitney Johnson were also gushing with compliments. Several youth who had seen bits and pieces of the show and myself were complimenting me. Kristin Dalton and Dana Gallant caught me... There were several people who's names I don't know, but faces I recognize who also stopped me and said nice things.

Our awesome tech guys were laughing and complimenting us amid chatter of how to fix our small mic glitch and adjust the lights to be just right.  They are so awesome!  A shout out to Danny and David Steele and Scott Brown, Paul Jenkins and Adrian McCracken!  AWESOME.

I finally got out of there around 9pm and found this awesome text message awaiting me:

"You guys were great tonight!  We loved the toothfairies....so funny!!!" ~Maryann~

Then this morning I had this as a message on facebook:

"dear toothfairy...
thank you for encouraging my child to rot her teeth out.
hahaha i am kidding.
she would not stop talking about you!  you were awesome!"

*it's possible that i was passing out skittles and asking to see the little girl's teeth...*

I had two people tell me that we were their favorite part of the whole night.  Wow.  Now that's quite a compliment.  Surely we were funny, but 'the best part of the night' might be a stretch.  Still, it was very nice thing to say and holds truth as far as those two spectators are concerned.  Everyone will have parts of the show that stand out to them, and parts that were their favorite.  Knowing that two adults and several little girls felt that way, is heartwarming.

I can't wait for tonight's show!  This is just way to fun!


Comments

Camille said…
You guys did an amazing job. The tooth fairy act was hilarious and Lilly still wants to know how you guys talked like that.

My kids loved seeing yours, Candice's and Yeager's kids in the roadshow.

You have an amazing talent. You should be very proud.

Good luck with the next few nights!
I wish we were going to be there to see it!! Can you record part of it so that we can see at least a little piece???
You guys really were great. I think my kids enjoyed your show much more than the puppets!