nearing the end

I can't believe we have three shows down and only two to go.  I am going to be sad to be done with out Toothfairy bit and sad when the Road Show is over as well.  Tonight is the last performance of A Dance to Remember.  I couldn't be more proud of my little cast.

Looking back on it, I have NEVER done anything like this before.  I have never written a show, and certainly never directed one.  There are some things I would do the same and differently however, if I were to get the chance again.

*Add more music, and do a large choreographed musical number.  Watching the other shows, I love those scenes.

*Do an entire scene with action only and no words.  I think those look hard, but maybe not.  I would want to try it.

*Cast Scott Yeager, Larry Maxwell, Bradee Klassen into bigger part if they would do it. Some sort of song and dance.  Why is that when we get the grown men to act it's just ten times funnier than anything else.

*Have Ashley Summers do all the props again.  She was fabulous.  I never once had a moment of worry over them.  She was so on top of those, it was sick!  Like she was incredible!



*I wouldn't make loin cloths again.  Even if our show was in the Book of Mormon times!!  haha.  Those were a crazy mess.  Hee hee.  I am glad we had the help we had...but it was still a crazy mess.  Everyone would have to wear a tunic I think.

*Maybe I wouldn't do a modge podge music mix ONLY because of the time it took to select music, and then to mix it with Brother Jenkins.  (It was fun, but a lot of time and work!)

*I would absolutely ask Macy and Amber to be my assistants again.  We have had a great time, laughed hard over a few things, and their support has been aswesome.  I am so glad I have had them with me since the beginning of this journey.  Without them, I would have felt more alone than ever in my task.






*With that though, I would make them go to a few Board meetings...hee hee.



On Wednesday, I couldn't have been more proud of my cast.  They took plenty of time to say their lines the best they could.  The dancers did a fabulous job, and surprised me with Jump Ropes.  SO COOL!  Our musical number The Armor of God was really good, and I did a incredible job.  Sure we had some flaws and mistakes.  The mikes didn't work perfectly, and we messed up a line or two, but seriously, they did fabulous!  It was smooth, and fluid, and our scene changes went really well.

Like I said, I couldn't have been more proud of each cast member that night.  And I know tonight's gonna be just as great....  I am so grateful to them for their efforts.  Because they are awesome. 

Comments

They were talking about the Road Shows in YW yesterday and many of them said that the tooth fairy show was their favorite!