Here we go! This was our last rehearsal, and then this past Wednesday we had dress rehearsal, which I think, went pretty great. Loads of people forgot their lines, but I think the combination of real hair and makeup and mikes and some lights freaked people's psyche out a bit. Subconsciously, they were nervous on some level, leading to a forgetful night of lines...Which means our show will be great. I JUST KNOW IT!
| Yup, that's me directing in a bandana. I came straight from doing some yard work. It was beautiful day that day. |
With that done, I had to switch gears a bit, and start thinking about our tooth fairy routine...
Costumes have been rounded up and some swapping of things ensued...
Hats were unearthed, and then came makeup.
After 3 tries I decided on this for my make up...
It will change slightly from night to night, but it feels like the right look for me for fairy makeup....
After our first dress rehearsal, it was determined we would need help. We needed someone to move the bench for us, and run our mike numbers back to the switch board, as well as help with lights and then remove the bench when we were done with our act. I was feeling fairly panicky as I wasn't sure who else i could tap into...who else could I squeeze for more help. And on top of that, we need them for 5 nights in a row! Plus two more dress rehearsals. I was indeed worried. Until I thought to ask Michelle and David to help. David's mom, Michelle was consulted, because well, David's a youth and having him out every night during school is intense. But I thought it was worth a try, since she has allowed Danny, her other son, to help on a Stake level with the lights and sounds. So, off we went. And he said YES! Well it was a more like a mumbled "Sure", but he is just shy and quiet like that. He is willing and helpful and I am trying to think of a fun way to thank him...What could we do for him? Make cookies? Buy him some iTunes? A simple thank you card that sings??? We'll come up with something. I am gonna ask Michelle too.
So, here we are on our way to a rehearsal, and David needed a ride. Which I was okay with since I had Macy with me. I just had too snap a photo of her...Macy knocking on someone's door dressed like that, well it's just priceless. The best part was she literally came running back to the car. It's pretty cold still, and those purple leggin's aren't very warm.
Last night was our final dress rehearsal, and despite that our sound effects haven't worked yet, we are happy with our show. Brother Jenkins is bound and determined to figure out why the sound effects he made for us aren't working on his big sound system. He is truly flummoxed over it. I am not worried. If it comes down to it, we know Autumn has a great bell sound in her throat... And there are cell phone out there, that we can just mike and make ring...
So at rehearsal, we snapped a few photos, because next week we just won't have the luxury of having the stage to ourselves to dink around on. I only wish we would have pulled the bench back out for it, but we were short on time and that prop was needed for the next show. Oh well. I will always love this memory, of being a tooth fairy with these two great gals. We have had some fun times and lots of laughs over it all.
These photos will always bring a smile to my face. Regardless of how old I am! I truly hope the children love the show. I know my kids did when we first saw it in West Yellowstone. And though we may not be the greatest little actresses ever, I think we have our own style and flair when it comes to this little Sister Act. And that, is what makes our show great. It's ours. It's all us, and we will put our whole little self into these characters over the next week.
I give you, from left to right, Pareesa, Trixie, and Fenris.
It's true. "Not everyone can be a tooth fairy. . . "





Comments
Hope Landon's eye is ok!