Getting back into gear has been harder than when I have had a baby.
Seriously.
I got behind on everything because of this fabulous show. Between directing A Dance to Remember and starring in the Tooth Fairy Act, 10 of 14 nights were occupied, which left little time it seemed to do much else. Where the time went from 8 am to 4 pm each day, I have no idea! I don't know why it got so crazy, but it did.
And I would do it again in a h♥rtbeat.
Sure my laundry and blog suffered, heck, even my family felt neglected on nights they weren't at the show or in it. But we had so much fun. One of the best comments I heard about the shows being over, came off the lips of a young man, who I think at first HATED being involved. But on Sunday he said to me, and I quote:
"It's kinda sad the Road Shows are over. Depressing, really."
Goes to show, that there was indeed a higher purpose to the road shows than being on stage. Because that kid wasn't ever on stage. Not once. But he was a part of something wonderful, behind the scenes. I saw the Lord's tender mercies a few times in regards to the shows and performing and those involved. And that's one reason I would do it again. I loved the time I spent getting to know my cast and those helping at a Stake level.
I don't know that I did a great job, but I feel I truly gave it my best and my all. I have NEVER written OR directed a show. It was harder than I thought, and easy in some ways, because I had help from the Lord and friends. Plus I HAD THE BEST CAST EVER! They were so awesome to work with. I hope they felt as much joy and pride as I did when it came time to perform. I couldn't have been more pleased with them. I may have bragged about this all before, but it's worth repeating. I had the BEST CAST EVER!

I miss all of it. I really, truly do.
And I know I am not the only one who does. But I also feel glad that isn't over and I can move on with my life. In some ways it was so consuming, that I feel like I have only been living only a Road Show life, and not my regular life.
So, with that, it was awesome, I loved it, and I could talk about it for HOURS. Ask Erika Paul, who's ear I gnawed off with Road Show Talk.
And I do vow, that I will find a reason to wear that purple spandex jumpsuit again. It was so cool.


********************************************
In other news, we haven't heard back from our exchanged student yet. Boo.
***********************************************
The bathroom is DONE!
Well, except for two small things.
One: Top Notch is coming back to finish painting the trim, and
Two: the KVO Cabinet guys are coming back as soon as my grommet arrives.
(We had to special order it cause they didn't carry the right size.)
Then it's done. Complete. Finished!
It's become a play room too.
Kyle and I watched Brooklyn and Jo Jo have church in there.
Kyle and I watched Brooklyn and Jo Jo have church in there.
And as you can see, dinosaurs have claimed their space.
| I MADE IT! LOVE IT! |
This is where the grommet goes.
You can see the too-large grommet ring they brought.
It's gonna go in about where it sits.
See the trash can under there.
Yep, just like a restaurant! Awesome right?
Oh, and I still need to buy some towels and a toilet scrubbing brush.
The towels in there are our super old ones for Rigby Lake and stuff. They aren't very soft.
********************************************************
I am so glad that school is nearly out. And that we can do T-Ball.
Please note the thick layer of sarcasm at that statement.
I didnt' realize in signing both Landon and Jo Jo up, that would mean I would be at Iona Park, 4 days a week..for the ENTIRE MONTH of June. I mean, I knew it would be two teams, but I figured it would be two games on the same two days. Landon's came are Tues/Thur and Jo's are Mon/Wed. or vice verse . . . regardless, I am not a huge fan of T-ball for many reason. For now, however, we will survive it.
On Capri Suns and cheese sticks, anyway.
But since we are gonna be in the sun, every day for awhile, I figured that I had better get a hat for Brooklyn's bald noggin. So I bought one and fixed it up. So she can't get it off. More like a bike helmet. With style.
| I added a matching ribbon so that we can add flowers or bow... see it there? Look close. |
*******************************************************
I have recently been thinking of getting a dog. More on that another day.
************************************************
My little brother is DONE! DONE DONE DONE with serving our country as an Active Duty marine! We are so excited to have him coming home. Yesterday was his last day, but he won't be driving home to ID until tomorrow. So we should be able to see him Thursday for sure!
I am so excited to have him around. I feel like we haven't seen him in forever! Plus, I am gonna have that kid weld me a bike stand for the kids' bikes this summer.
Yeah, a brother with welding skillz. It's awesome.
******************************************************
We had to watch TRON. The original one.
IT WAS AWFUL. i mean, so bad, I think our eyes were bleeding.
But we are now "worthy" of attending a TRON party, that Lindsay and Jen Sewell are hosting this weekend. This party has been in the planning stages for about a month. Lindsay is literally GIDDY as a seven year old girl going to see Tangled for the first time.
He is hilarious about it. Been a big fan for, like 25 years.
I am sure that I won't love it, but my brother Blake did say that it was visually amazing to watch.
So there's that, plus the food and company to look forward too.
****************************************************
Mothers Day was nice. Really nice, actually. I made fruit bouquets for my mom and mother-in-law. Those were fun to try. I hadn't ever done one before. So it was pretty fun to give it a try.
It's a juice mess, but worth the smile you get when you deliver it. See:
****************************************************
And with all that has been going on, I was able to re-read two of my favorite books this week. Staying up way to late, I devoured Donna Hatches The Stranger She Married and The Guise of a Gentlemen. Tears freely fell as I read about Elise and Jared. That is such a good story.
**********************************************
Well. That is as caught up as I am gonna get for now. It's time to make dinner.

Comments
the rest of the stuff on here was cool too!!
kyle
p.s. never a complaint will be uttered from my mouth if you wear the purple, skin-tight outfit for me. i know, i know, TMI!!! but kids really do like the money!!
If you really want a dog I know someone who still might have a Cocker Spaniel left. We just got a puppy and she may have a brother to 2.
I really need to give you a call sometime and talk Photography stuff. I love looking at your art.
ANYWAY!!! LOOOOOVE the bathroom!!! The shower curtain turned out AWESOME!!! The bathroom is just great. Can't wait to be there in 3 weeks to see it in person! PS. I LOVED playing t-ball and baseball growing up. As much as you dislike it, let the kids do it if they want. Those are some of my fondest memories of being a kid. No Joke.
P.S. Done with the books. Will drop them off today!