(a rose by any other name)

For my Pregnant Friends...................*Clearing throat, uhum Krystal and Serene cough*
For my Friends who Plan on having Kids............
For my Friends who have Plans to add another baby or two.....
For my Friends who have kids, period......

On my sister's private blog right now is this hilarious post about baby names.  I just can't stop laughing about it and sharing it with friends.  I am now looking forward to next years baby names!  Through a friend of a friend, Janelle came across this blog, and the mention of it drove Janelle to read the blog.  I, then in turn after she shared it with me, had to go check it out.  I was laughing til my sides were sore over it all....

If you are pregnant, or if you have a friend who is, feel free to share this one, or five, sites with them on baby names specifically targeting Idaho and Utah.  It's awesome.

2007 Baby Names
2009 Baby Names2008 Baby Names
2010 Baby Names
Another Baby Name Catalogue Site
The Aftermath of Baby Names

I had to agree with this quote though:
"If your baby name is on the list, I'm terribly sorry if it offends you!!! But some of these are just flat out ridiculous. One of these years, we're going to see names with numb3rs in them. Really. At least I hope. I mean, you gotta have goals right?"




I was surprised at how many of the names I could say, after reading them, "I know a kid by that name".  So, don't be offended if your kids name is on the list. . . . That's the beauty of being a parent and naming a baby.  It's your choice. Think however, that they have to put it on a resume when they are 25 years old.  How do you think they will feel about their name, if you have chosen Rowdy, and they end up going to school to be a Social Therapist or something.  Or if they really have the qualities to be a CEO or Queen . . What then?

So, there are a few that really REALLY have me thinking "What parent does that????"


1. Logyn and Traigyn -for a boy. GYN?  GYN!!!!  Seriously???

2. Crymson Raine -for a girl.  You know, 'cause every month there is.  Ew.  Poor girl.

3. Augree -for a girl.  Since we can't "Agree" on a name, why don't we "auuuhh-gree" that we disah-gree....Hey wait!  Aaauhhh-gree!  Augree!  Let's use that as a name!  Totally original, honey!  What do you think?  Gee, honey, I think you have something there...I AUH-GREE!!!!!

Best name is right there, ORIGINAL. I mean, I see it....don't you?

Enjoy the links. 

Comments

haha love love love it. Glad you shared it with your Idaho friends. Maybe between the two of us we can get Idaho and Utah back to simple, normal, beautiful names. Though, I'm still routing for a S@muel to emerge. Or maybe a $helly or T!m, or M3gan.
The G-5+2 said…
You think those are bad you should here some names from here.
La-a (yep, pronounced La DASH a)
Yillis (pronounced Phyllis)
I can't think of some of the others off the top of my head but when I get a list from my friend I will send it on to you.