These is My Words


I recently got to host book club at my house to discuss a book that I recommended!  It was so fun for me!  I could go on and on about this book, but let me say just these few things for today:

1.  It's incredible to think back on what life was like without everyday conveniences such as indoor plumbing and refrigerators.

2. I am thankful for modern medicine, and it's blessings.

3. Knowledge and education are gifts.

4. I couldn't ever begin to think about making my own soap like they did in 1887.

5. Owning a pecan farm would be interesting work...

6. Any man like Jack Elliot deserves a good woman and public credit for feeding the horses their oats.

7. Life doesn't always provide happy endings, but knowing happiness while living life is immeasurable.

Comments

Erinn said…
that was an awesome book club!! you really went all out! speaking of these is my words, i thought you should know i found my jack elliot. Garrett Hedlund... except it would have to be a picture where he is looking scruffy, none of this clean cut business for jack.
Camille said…
I love everything about this post but especially #7 and #8. It was a fun evening. Great book!