*Important tidbit. Found out her name is pronounced "Mar-see-ahhh". Hard to adjust too after calling her "Mar-sha" That's okay, it's just part of the fun!*
Where to even begin....
After reading the Hunger Games, I needed a fix, bad. And Marcia was it. Her books were a great fix after those books! And since then I have introduced it to Macy, who in turn introduced her books to her sister April. Thanks to Camille, I have enjoyed these stories and so have a few others. Where would we be without Marcia!
Serene is also a fan.
And when she got an email update about a Meet and Greet, she instantly forwarded it to me, who instantly called Camille and said, "We're going. No 'buts'". And so we spent $30 a person for dinner and special VIP status to the M&G. And it was SOOOOOO WORTH IT!
It was absolutely the best little location for such an event too! So pretty, and realistic to the time frame of so many of Marcia's books! And as we were pulled in a wagon to the dining hall, aka the barn, we were set upon by bad guys.
Real. Bad. Guys.
And they took me when I offered to be taken... no one else was owning up to being whom they were seeking...
And who wouldn't want to ride on a horse?
All propriety was tossed to the wind in that moment.
Cowboy, take me away!
As we gathered in the barns to eat, I quickly weaseled my small body towards the front. If only I had know to sit one table over, we would have been eating with Marcia. But alas, we were one of the first ones to get special one on one time with her.
She plunked on down, right next to me. And jabbered away, like a Mocking Jay! She was fabulous!
And the best part?
She knew who I was!
No kidding.
When I said, "I know you don't know me, but I know you...." She instantly asked for my name.
Gina Larsen.
"Gina Larsen!!! Of course I know you!"
Really?
"Yes, you submitted Cassidy Shea!"
It's true, I submitted Emily Blunt for her Character Bio pictures, and she loved it and used it, so my name rings a bell.
Sure a tiny little one, but still!
My friends were being silly pansies, using me to get access to everyone they wanted to meet, ie Kevin, Trent, and Mitch....even Marcia. Still I adore them, and did my best to ruffle their feathers.
When it came near time to leave, I felt out of the loop, since I didnt' have a book for her to sign. I didn't buy one, only because I am truly saving all my money for a dog. I know, I know....what if I never meet her again? Don't I regret my moment to have her sign my book?
Heck no!
See, I don't know if she realizes it, but someday she and I are going to be real, REAL friends. Someday when I finish my book, I will share it with her. So, I;m not worried.
There will be a next time. And until then, I did the next best thing to having her John Hancock.
I got her husband's.
You got that right.
And unless you are a Marcia fan, you might not get it.
At. All.
If. Ever.
And that's okay. It was so funny!
When it was all over, I was sad to leave. IT was not just a book signing. It was a show, and full of entertainment. Truly, non fans, and husbands would have enjoyed it. It was beautiful weather, and just as we were finishing, and all the NON-VIP people were getting to the table for her signature, the weather turned bad.
Some people waited hours...
We never waited. It was awesome.
Where to even begin....
After reading the Hunger Games, I needed a fix, bad. And Marcia was it. Her books were a great fix after those books! And since then I have introduced it to Macy, who in turn introduced her books to her sister April. Thanks to Camille, I have enjoyed these stories and so have a few others. Where would we be without Marcia!
Serene is also a fan.
And when she got an email update about a Meet and Greet, she instantly forwarded it to me, who instantly called Camille and said, "We're going. No 'buts'". And so we spent $30 a person for dinner and special VIP status to the M&G. And it was SOOOOOO WORTH IT!
It was absolutely the best little location for such an event too! So pretty, and realistic to the time frame of so many of Marcia's books! And as we were pulled in a wagon to the dining hall, aka the barn, we were set upon by bad guys.
Real. Bad. Guys.
And they took me when I offered to be taken... no one else was owning up to being whom they were seeking...
And who wouldn't want to ride on a horse?
All propriety was tossed to the wind in that moment.
Cowboy, take me away!
As we gathered in the barns to eat, I quickly weaseled my small body towards the front. If only I had know to sit one table over, we would have been eating with Marcia. But alas, we were one of the first ones to get special one on one time with her.
She plunked on down, right next to me. And jabbered away, like a Mocking Jay! She was fabulous!
And the best part?
She knew who I was!
No kidding.
When I said, "I know you don't know me, but I know you...." She instantly asked for my name.
Gina Larsen.
"Gina Larsen!!! Of course I know you!"
Really?
"Yes, you submitted Cassidy Shea!"
It's true, I submitted Emily Blunt for her Character Bio pictures, and she loved it and used it, so my name rings a bell.
Sure a tiny little one, but still!
My friends were being silly pansies, using me to get access to everyone they wanted to meet, ie Kevin, Trent, and Mitch....even Marcia. Still I adore them, and did my best to ruffle their feathers.
When it came near time to leave, I felt out of the loop, since I didnt' have a book for her to sign. I didn't buy one, only because I am truly saving all my money for a dog. I know, I know....what if I never meet her again? Don't I regret my moment to have her sign my book?
Heck no!
See, I don't know if she realizes it, but someday she and I are going to be real, REAL friends. Someday when I finish my book, I will share it with her. So, I;m not worried.
There will be a next time. And until then, I did the next best thing to having her John Hancock.
I got her husband's.
You got that right.
And unless you are a Marcia fan, you might not get it.
At. All.
If. Ever.
And that's okay. It was so funny!
When it was all over, I was sad to leave. IT was not just a book signing. It was a show, and full of entertainment. Truly, non fans, and husbands would have enjoyed it. It was beautiful weather, and just as we were finishing, and all the NON-VIP people were getting to the table for her signature, the weather turned bad.
Some people waited hours...
We never waited. It was awesome.
Did I mention, they did a reenactment of one of her books? Real gun smoke, fake blood, steamy kisses...one guy even fell off his horse for reals! It was hilarious, but so fun too!
Did I mention it was fun?
Good.





















Comments
kyle
I....
I....
*sniffle*
I feel so left out!!
*sob*
-Heidi-...whoa sorry about the reeeeeaaaalllly long comment;)
Have a fantastic day!!...and thanks again for the pic's!