Surgery: Check!



Okay so... obviously this picture is right before surgery.

Cause I'm still smiling.

Things moved quick though, and it wasn't long before that smile turned upside down.


I think it's awesome that it looks like there's a frog on my shoulder.

Is he... is he mocking me? Rude.

And you know, I don't even remember them putting the cap on. I was already pretty high drugs. The ones the doctor gave me, not the other kind.

I think.


Just coming out of surgery.

It was like one of those movies where they are trying to coax the heroine back to consciousness.

Because I am indeed, the heroine of this story.

Gina... Gina... Gina, it's okay, you can wake up now!

Once I came to, they sent me away from the hospital within a half hour.

I mean, no cookies, no jell-o, nothing. 

I know! It was just cruel.


After I woke up.

I'm not sure I was even aware my mom was taking this picture. 


My personal ganglion cyst. Yummy right?

It's about the size of a marble.

The cyst was indeed under the ligament. It had actually started to attach itself to the bone and was causing some erosion.

Thankfully the damage to the bone was minimal and they were able to remove all of the cyst. Then they had to stitch the ligament back together. Which is what we were hoping not to do.  Doing so meant I would have to immobilize my  thumb completely.... I'm not even allowed to suck on it for comfort! 

And to move my other fingers is incredibly painful.


This is how I've been chillin' out since, in my sexy hot pink pajamas. My hand higher than my heart to keep the heart beat feeling at bay, and drinking lots of fluids.

Jo Jo thinks that I'll get better faster if she gives me more hugs, so she's been hugging me more than anyone else.

Kyle should be ashamed.


What I will look like until June 17th.

And I expect all of you to come sign it for me.  (Though you cant, because it's just a wrap.)

And bring cookies.


Since Gina is unable to type right now, this was written, ever so lovingly and faithfully by Serene, and Gina isn't allowed to change any of it!
Gina promises she will blog more later about the pain and agony, her awesome "loopy" meds and all the grand people who have been helping her out.

Comments

Cindy said…
It was a pretty intense week for Gina, the kids, Kyle....but I'm hoping things will get better for you quickly!!! You're a fighter and a PACK!! need I say more?
Matt and Jessie said…
I hope you have a speedy recovery! I am sure that all the hugs will help speed things along. I wish we could be there to help ya, but we are thinking of you guys and keeping ya in our prayers.
Tara H said…
oh man, can't imagine the disruption to the whirlwind schedule of yours!! Feel better soon, looks like it totally sucks (although the frog on the shoulder is really cool, you are right)
Ugh! YOu look so sad (in the after surgery photo). Jo is the sweetest thing ever, as is Serene for blogging for you! (now that is true dedication to a blog!!!)
Hope you're back on your *hands* as soon as possible. Love ya!
Amber said…
Awwwww, hang in there little buddy! It must be so hard being the mom and being layed up. I hope you heal well and time passes quickly! XOXOXOXOXO
Surgery is just no fun. Sorry you had to go through it. Recovering always takes longer than you want it to. Good thing you have those hugs to speed it up!
cardwellclan said…
That is tough! I know that's got to be hard with all of that. Hopefully this really works in the long run and you will be all better!
Becky said…
I wish you a fast and hopefully less painful recovery!