a while ago when i was alive

Whew.  That was hard work. And I didn't even do much. Slept through surgery, sat on the couch chill-axin the two weeks I was down, watching movies....


I laid around on the couch for the first week, and barely remember any of it.

And the second week, I had babysitters taking care of me and did the bare minimal.

And it was hard work.

I get stir crazy, feel lazy, and hate not being helpful in my own home.

On Friday, June 17th I got my splint off, and ya know, removing the darn tape was worse then removing the stitches. 
  
*squeezed up squished face with hot silent tears falling just thinking about it*

Seriously, it was like a a slow-mo wax job on the nether regions of ones bod-dee!  OWWWWIE! 

How ever it wasn't nearly as painful as the fall I took the day before.

*whoooOOoooo.  deep breath.*

*oooOOOOooo, one more*

Okay.


I just lost my footing, not a real big deal really, but the natural reaction is to catch yourself. In doing so for myself, I wish now I would have sacrificed my face.  It was incredibly painful and I was reduced to tears like a child. 

*not the sniffling kind*

No, the kind like a child who sneaked chocolate and lipstick from her mother's purse, and got caught kind.
A whole slew of words came to mind immediately, but the wailing and tears won out, and I sobbed.  And screamed.  And withered in pain.

In front of a neighbor. 

Who is a man. 

It was humiliating.

*sigh*

But now that the stitches are out, I am back to doing a lot of things.

Like giving thumbs up as Kyle does the dishes still.


This is a running stitch.  She trimmed one end, and pulled the other.  Slid out like hot butter.  Didn't feel a thing!


And buttoning my own pants. (Do you think Cate will be damaged long term for button more shirts and pants on her mother, than I did on myself those two weeks?  Hope not!)

I have 4-6 weeks in my new brace, and am on my own to do Physical therapy, and if I don't get full range of motion back, Dr. Biddulph will send me to PT costing us money....that I don't want to spend.  So here's to Sonic Ice for icing and my own discipline for stretching.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻


Well, lest we forget, we went to the Playmill in West before I had surgery, and had the best time!  We went with Sautters and Wilsons.  We grabbed some dinner first and then hit the show.  The place was packed.  there were about....25 people.  Total.  Early in the season, it happens.


The kids loved it and it was so personal and up close. 

Cause we were on the front row.  Center, too.  And there were tonz of empty seats, which is really too bad for the cast, because they are incredible to watch.  We cheered and clapped and bought treats, and they did no less for us as a small crowd than if the place had been packed.  Something tells me if I had been the ONLY ONE there, they would have still done an over the top job with the show!

I have fallen in love with Hannah Thompson, who works there.  She helped me with the Toothfairy bit we did for the Road Shows. 

What?  You missed that you say?

Here, You can read about it here and here....

And I just wanna hug the sugar out of her.  She is so sweet and talented.  She gives Ashley Tinsdale/Sharpay a run for her money!  Her high heels alone were so high I was shocked she could breathe. Or sing for that matter! The air up that high has to be thin!

So here are the photos I shot that night.  I wish I had taken a few more, but oh well!  It was a great night, and made me love HSM all over again! {Not to mention that the cute gal that played Gabrielle was spot on perfect!)




Gotta have one!

Kids were so excited to see HSM!

There's Hannah!  Look at those shoes!  And they were just the beginning!








ps.  marcia post coming soon!

Comments

So I guess the kids were good enough and raised the needed cottonballs?! Awesome! Looks like fun!