Wrapping up June

Life has been different this June.  I got behind on more than just blogging.  That's for sure.  And though I am not all the way healed, I am so much better.  I have been out of my brace for a little over a week, and I can do everything normally once again.  I can't bend my wrist all the way over or back, but it doesn't keep me down.

I some how managed to still photograph five ball teams, a sweet family, and one 2012 senior this month too.  Having earned nearly enough money for the dog I am wanting, I have sacrificed it all for a bed and bedding for our exchange student Nicole who will be here in August, and to go to Canada.

I found out a few days ago that my cousin Shelby is getting married.  The exact week we already have scheduled off for our summer vacation.  So, with the money I have made doing photography, we will drive North to Calgary, and spend our family vacation time there.  Not quite how I pictured my summer vacation, but I am excited about it.

I am so glad we got passports and passport cards for the kids last year.  I like knowing that if my sweet grandma passes away, nothing will hold us back from rushing to her side. We have never been to Canada as a family.  Cate and I went, once, when she was just a few months old when my aunt passed away.  That was nearly eight years ago.  I haven't been since.  And though Betty comes here occasionally, I am excited to visit her, in her world and town.

So, we are planning that trip.  And with T-Ball over, and my near full recovery I am excited to enjoy summer finally!

We sat outside at Amber's yesterday for a T-Ball party and it was the first time this summer, I really enjoyed the sunshine.  A bit too much.  I missed sun screening my neck.  I got everything else, but missed that.  Oops.

We also hit a Chukars game on Tuesday night to celebrate Jocelyn's T Ball season ending.  It was such fun to sit with so many other parents and kids from T Ball.  And we stayed for the whole game!  Which the won...we even saw a home run!  It was awesome!

But I get ahead of myself.  We had a great fourth of July, and that post is coming, but these are somethings I have enjoyed from the side lines over the last few weeks of June.
 Kyle and the kids working in the garden.  Veggies are growin'!


 My bleeding hearts have taken off!  They are huge!


Then I did manage to build a bench and fix up this table, with Matt Egbert's and Kyle's gracious help.  WE also tackled making a bed and a bench!


 After nearly ruining the Shaw's shop vac, I found this one on clearance at Rocknaks, and we got it. 
LOVE IT! {And I admit I wanted to get one for Kyle for Father's Day, for me. But I didn't.  And then we saw this and he just bought it for me.  It was to cheap to pass up!}

And lastly, Mac helped me make a new blanket for Brooklyn.  We have been trying to wean her from her one Bear blanket, to loving and adoring two blankets....  We took her to the store and let her pick the fabric.  She does pretty well if she can't have Bear Blanket, and I have this one to offer.  I made two of them, which is extra handy.  My mom helped tie the other one.  Grandma's are the best!

More to come!

Also, if you have a minute...this is a blog post worth a comment.... Here.

Comments

Amy Savage said…
Lots of stuff happening!

When do you go to Canada? We are headed up there too.
Matt and Jessie said…
Wow, you guys have been busy! I hope you keep feeling better and better. I am sure you are getting excited for your exchange student. I bet that will be a neat experience for your family. Hope all goes well and good luck with the road trip. We just drove to Idaho, and drove through the night both ways. It was nice to drive with sleeping kiddies!
Wow. Back to the beginning of puppy savings. Boo. I was wondering how close you were...That is so good of you to let your exchange student have a bed. I hope she appreciates it!
Have fun in Canada! We would like to make that trip someday too.
Camille said…
Busy busy Larsen's. I'm sad for you about your doggy, but excited for your trip to CANADA. Very exciting! Cute new blankie. I bet Brooklyn loves it!

Let's do something summery and fun soon eh?