Bring on August

Did I mention that time is going way to fast?  I know it, because of the lack of posts on my blog.

Pete and Dana moved.

That was sad.
That was hard day, all day, in fact.

But now that it's over, we have been having some great days filled with beautiful weather.

Nicole arrived.

It's so great, she's awesome.

We've had Kendra and her kids in town for the last two weeks.  Playing with cousins is fun.

We decided to put in a fire pit, six days ago.  Like, a real one.  {Thanks to the Wynns.}

Now it's nearly done.  Gonna have to post pics of it, and it's short story, one of these days.

Did some serious shopping.  The kids aren't getting much for school clothes.  I dropped money on me and Kyle this year instead.  He's lost weight, and flat out---he needed some clothes.  Me, too.

Did get school supplies.

And will register for school and dance this week.

And get Nicole's passport figured out.

And go to Canada.

I haven't written in my book for weeks.  I managed to today, but only added 717 words.  Weak sauce for me.

In that sense, I am excited for holed up winter days while kids are in school and my baby girls enjoy a Barbie movie.



*Ahhhhhhhhh, sigh.  Summer days.*



Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
Glad your exchange student is working out! I am sure it is fun!

Sounds like you guys are doing really well!
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed my one day with Kendra and her little ones. I was really surpised at my boys compassion for the girls. Wish you would have come, too. I truely only miss 5 ppl from when I was little and Kendra and Kyle are at the top of that list.
Anonymous said…
P.s. I hope you realize you have one the greatest guys alive.