These photos were taken on a day we were unable to use the stage, due to construction. More photos to come!
I have been working with the missionaries who are serving the the Fallsbrook Branch and Mesa Branch, for near to 3 months. The two branches are having a combined branch party, and the Elders are doing the entertainment for it, under the direction of President Peterson, with my help.
| These two girls have been taggin' along with me to each practice. They play on the scooters-which we are using in the show- when the scooters are available. |
I received a call from President Peterson back in August to help the Elders with the entertainment. There is such a fine line between funny, and inappropriate, and we have to make sure it's acceptable entertainment. At that time, there had been four missionaries I was working with. Due to the passing of President Ponce, the party was canceled and then rescheduled. Then came transfers. With those transfers, we lost two of the missionaries but gained a total of six Elders. (Two sets in the Mesa Branch.) We did up a new script and went to work on it. I have spent many afternoons in rehearsal with them, and am really exited about their show.
I am so glad I was asked to participate and serve in this way. It's a bit nostalgic to serve around missionaries and work closely with them. You grow to love them and miss parts of one's mission as you watch them living their days as full time servants. And at the same time, I'm glad I'm not in their shoes. But they probably look at me with a house full of kids and think they're glad they're not in mine!
They are funny, and full of life. They crack jokes at themselves and laugh at each other as they all try to work out this story on stage. They are obedient when they're around me, which makes me proud of them, and happy for them and their parents.
Last week, the other two Elders serving in their district joined us in order to help backstage with the curtain and signs. The props I've gathered up have been interesting too, with only one prop unable to secure. A pager.
Comments