Snow and a Dog: October 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th.
Say it's wasn't snnnnoooooooo! SNOW! Really. There. Was. Snow.
Not quite ready for that kind of cold, but it didn't last, thankfully. Ruined a lot of tomato plants and gardens though, I think....
Wile Mac and Kelly were gone for the weekend, we got to babysit, or dog sit shall we say, Oliver. It was more fun that I thought it would be, though I just wish he looked like a Shiba, and that he was a face I could love forever. He was sooooo GOOD for us! The kids had the best time and we're genuinely sad when it snowed and was so cold, because it ruined their plans to go for walks with Oliver....He kept them hopping all weekend, and I thought the novelty of having him would wear off faster, but it didn't.
They wore him out too, I think. Kelly mentioned he crashed for like, two days after spending 4 with us. Don't blame him. I think we have that effect on everyone who comes over.
"Hey, how's it going?"
"Oh, you know, just recouping from the Larsens...."
*insert crickets chirping*
Anyway.
They did play outside, but we/they aren't quite acclimatized to below-freezing temperatures just yet.
We also were invited to go to Swan Valley with our neighbors, the Chesnovars. Heather and her kids met us up there and the kids fed the fish and played in the yard for quite a while. (Brian couldn't come. Boo) My kids took to her kids really quick, and they were off building piles of leaves and playing hide and seek. It was beautiful up there, and despite the chill in the air, a lot of fun! We saw fishermen on the river, and of course, Oliver was ALL OVER the idea of running around and checking everything out!
We even saw some deer! We took the kids on a drive to see the reservoir, and got out for a bit. We tried to explain what a dam was and how they worked, and I'm not sure that life lesson made any sense... Oh well. There was snow on the mountains, and the sky was full of clouds that were so low to the ground, I swear we could have touched them in some parts of town. (If you could actually touch clouds, that is.)
We had a small picnic lunch, and then drove home. It was a wonderful way to spend the day as a family, with a dog.



Comments