No Dogs to Three Dogs

We are watching Oliver again.  Only this time, we have Swagger too.
It's been busy for me.
Like watching the little angel and the little devil that sit on your shoulders.
Swagger's all devil, right now.
However Oliver's not perfect either.
And they are sneaky sometimes too.

It's be really fun at times though.
Like when they decided to try to see who could out-bark the other.
And when they decided they both wanted water from the same dish.

Okay, okay, really though, it's been fun.

Kyle is always good to take Swagger out, and has done his fair share in that.  Landon too. 
And I gotta say, I love Swaggers tail, and the back of his ears.  They are such cute features.

One day, while blow drying my hair, Swagger laid down, relaxed and chilled on the floor in the kitchen.  A first! as he is Wallas on the go right now.  And he stayed like that long enough for me to grab the camera.  Then he peeked at me to see what I was about.  And then, to his delight, thought that I mean to play, if I was bringing out the camera.  I was glad to catch this sequence, because you can see the happiness in his eyes and on his little face.  He really is bringing a happiness to our home that is wonderful to experience.  Not a gospel-y, church-y happiness, but a joy nonetheless.  He's a delight to play with and eager to have attention.  It's the kind of fun that we thought we would have had earlier this fall, and though that didn't quite work out,  he's here now, and Swagger is earning a place in our hearts. {Not to mention melting all the hearts of kids and adults wherever we go with him!}

Dog #3 akaa (also know affectionately as) "White Fang"

This poor boy has been wandering around the 'hood for weeks.  Long story short, he isn't a wanderer any longer.  On Sunday, Animal Control and another officer came over to pick him up.  I was sad about it, because though he is startling and intimidating due to his size (bigger than a lab by 30 lbs I think) "White Fang" was friendly, starving and lonely.  He looks malnourished and sick.  I coaxed him into our garage and fed him while we waited for the police.  I imagine at one point he wasn't.  And was someones dog, due to his friendliness towards me.

And now hopefully he will get a second chance, a better life and someone might adopt him.  Whoever has been caring for him (though I am skeptical anyone has been caring for him) and was his family might be missing him, but I didn't know what else to do.  He's been running around free for a weeks, and I called a whole slew of neighbors looking for his family, before turning to the the Dog Catcher...

It was a sad day for me in those moments of loading him up and seeing him drive away in a Animal Control truck.

Makes the Animal Activist in me scream.

Comments

Camille said…
ah little swagger is so adorable. You are for sure a dog friendly house by the looks of it. :)