birthday week - what a joke

So it's my birthday week.  I think I will do something each day that I WANT TO DO!  Sounds like fun right?

So to start off, I want to work on photos and write and bake up something super delicious, and make oodles and oodles of cookie dough.

So far, this week is looking pretty mellow.  Glad to hear that, huh? 

Me too.

Means I might actually get the cookie dough done, so that we can deliver it to our awesome neighbors.

Because, it's tradition, so now it has to be done, and I want to do it.

Good combo.


So let's see...

Comedians are fun, aren't they? 

Especially when they can make fun of things without being perverse.

And even more so when they can relate to Idaho-isms.

And this matters, why?  I'll tell you.

We got to watch one.

One that we've seen on TV (Last Comic Standing) but in real life this past week.

Last Sunday, Kyle and I reviewed our schedules.  Some thing we have to do now.

It looked like this:

Monday: FHE with the Gordons at our home. (So fun!)
Tuesday: Mutual
Wednesday: Nothing! (Really, what a special thing for us!)
Thursday: Ward Party
Friday: Christmas Shopping/Kids sleeping at Grandma's
Saturday: Kyle in Tithing Settlement all day/Puppy Class

So we were pretty excited that we had one night to just veg at home.

And then Monday morning came.

We received an invitation from the Parkers to join them for the annual Melaleuca Christmas party, that usually just employees go to, but they've recently started sharing the fun with others too.  It's all about who you know, I swear.

So...... to go or to say no....... Um, let's see.... we seldom get asked out....so we should go.....but we only have Wednesday night to veg at home this week..... but it would be really fun since they mentioned a comedy show was part of the deal..... and we really like Autumn and Loren..... and so what if we don't' have a night at home to veg... there's always next week.... and the kids like babysitters..... so, GO.

{Thanks for the invite guys!}

And we did.  We love to spend time with the Parkers, and this was no exception.  Other than we wish we could have had some some to visit over a warm cup of cocoa.  And the fact that neither of us won anything, that was a bummer.

So we got to listen to RYAN HAMILTON.  What!?  You've never heard of him?

Okay, well that's not shocking.  But you should look him up.



He's a local boy from Ashton, Idaho. You can see a funny bit here.  I was laughing at the computer and insisted that Kyle watch it too.  So funny! And I didn't even have to make the kids leave the room, that's how clean he is!

His BIO reads:
With appearances on NBC’s Last Comic Standing and Comedy Central’s Live at Gotham, Ryan has quickly become a name to watch. He was a finalist in three national stand-up competitions including the Comedy Central Laugh Riots. He won Sierra Mist’s ’America’s Next Great Comic’ Search, and Ryan was a finalist at the Boston Comedy Festival competition and appeared at HBO’s prestigious Las Vegas Comedy Festival as an up-and-coming talent.


This is a bit I found that he did at the Melaleuca Party even.  It's a given the comedians will use the same material over and over, but he also did a great job of being impromptu as well.  He was funny, and some jokes just aren't funny unless you were there.

And isn't it great to have a great laugh with great people?

I thought you'd agree.

Comments

Camille said…
OK that guy was HILARIOUS! I watched the clip you put up and laughed out loud until my cheeks hurt. Must have been super fun!
Paula Maurine said…
oh man im so jealous, i laughed SO HARD at that video clip!! Im glad you and Kyle got to have a night out you two definitely deserve it!
Amy Savage said…
Fun times! And I just have to say that I love the Walking on Sunshine song on your playlist. Love!
The G-5+2 said…
Love funny clean comedians. Thanks for sharing it is always great to find a new one..