Preparing for Christmas

 
As Christmas approaches, Kyle and I were discussing some ideas for Christmas in regards to our ward.
After the suggestion of doing a Christmas card, we went forth with idea and I took a few pictures of the Bishopric and then designed up a card.

I offered insisted to hand address the envelopes as I feel it adds a personal touch to it, and for me, isn't a hard task to do while watch NCIS.  Kyle was grateful for the help with that part, but really I wanted to do it.  I'll be honest.  I like that sort of thing.

By the time I addressed these and our personal ones with our family card, I have done about 300 envelopes. 

Good times.

We got a touch of snow.  And it's stickin'.

And the Swagger thing to do is taste it.

Cause he's just like a  5 month old baby in that sense.

Everything goes to his mouth.

And I mean everything.

Dirty socks being his TOP choice for chewing items that is on "no-no" list.

And Polly Pockets.

But by all means his favorite treat ever is a plastic lid.

With peanut butter smeared on it.

Cause who doesn't like to lick the lid of a cool whip container?  Same thing for him, I think.






Shut. the. front. door.  Did you just say that?
------The Sing Off------
Nick Lachey: Sarah, what'dya think? 
Sara Bareilles: I wrote down "Swagger".


WHAT THE SWAGGER!?!!?!
I have watched TWO now, count them ONE. TWO. shows this week that have used the word "SWAGGER" for saying "Cool" or "Hot Diggity" or "Really Cool."  You know.
According to the dictionary, the urban one, where you have to be careful, as they use foul language there, I found this:

SWAGGER: A demeanor of confidence, coolness, and togetherness. Someone with Swagger gives of an ora of comfort-ability with his/her self. Swagger is commonly referred to as Swag or Swagga. Swagger is not to be confused with cockiness. Cockiness is someone thinking they are the *@#%, but if you have Swagger you probably are the *@#%.
Now, the two shows?  NCIS LA  {The Debt Episode} and The Sing Off.
On NCIS, LL Cool J was the one dropping the word left and right and it had me just laughing and so excited.  That word is coming back, and I am so glad we picked it for our dog's name.  Makes me smile.
Extra thanks to Marcia Lynn McClure for using it and naming Swaggart Dean Moretti that.  She was a great source of inspiration.  

So crazy.

Comments

Camille said…
Love the name Swagger. It fits him. He is a cool dog.
Boyd Fam said…
I know exactly what episode you are talking about on the sing off! lol! Very cool name! He is a very cute puppy.
Erika said…
I loved the Christmas card, and I even noticed/loved that the envelope was hand written. In fact, I mentioned it to Tony on the ride home from tithing settlement. Tony said he even saw you bringing in some veggies to the Bishopric. You are pretty dang cool, lady! ;)

Okay, so I have to admit, I am way backed up on the sing off. We've been DVRen' them and I really need to get caught up. Someone told me the mormon boys are out now and I've kind of lost my motivation.
Dang girl! I don't think I've ever sent off more than... 10 Christmas card in my whole life!

I have a whole new level of respect for you.

And I actually laughed when we watched that episode of NCIS LA and thought of you.
So glad you got a dog. He is a cutie. I love that you stuck to the Christmas thing. And Wow 300 cards. I do about 50 and I hand address them also because of the personal touch. I love it. So how is your new lens coming? I got a new flash and am having fun with it. I shot a Wedding for the first time. That was fun, exciting, hard, and nervous all in one.
Gallant Family said…
I was watching that show when Sara said that! "really cool" of you to name him that!!! ;0)