Something to Celebrate

Nothing like a quick family picture to document the day.

My brother Blake graduated BYUI this past week.  It's a pretty cool thing, if you ask me.  

I didn't receive a Bachelor's Degree, but I did get an associates Degree from Ricks College a hundred years ago.
So that's something worth noting, isn't it?

And I don't remember actually graduating. Surprising?  I think not.

I don't remember all kinds of things.

My mother says I did though.

Perhaps I should look to see if I have a document or something proving it....


Self Portraits.  Good looking kids, aren't we?

You know the great thing about a college campus like BYUI?
The T-Shirts.


Blake took us to see where he worked while he was there.  It was in the photo lab.  I hiked all the way from their new Conference center past the Library in those heels to see it.  And I didn't fall on my face once.

Though, admittedly my feet were aching for two days afterwords.

And so was my pocketbook.

I had Kristen babysit from Friday afternoon, starting at 4pm, and we got home at 10:30.  She stayed the night, because Kyle ad I both left before 8am the next morning (He had to work; I went back with my parents for the remainder of Blake's Graduation ceremony.) and got home around 12:30.

I know I didn't pay her enough, as she seriously deserved about $100 bucks, but could only afford half that.  And a week before Christmas, that was a bit damaging, but it was worth it.
Ten hours of baby sitting my kids and our dog?  She's earned a spot in heaven if you ask me.

Anyway, Kyle was able to come to the first portion, the evening before, but had to miss in the morning for work.  It was pretty cool to have both the President of BYU-I, President Clark and a general authority, Elder Quentin L. Cook there, passing out the diploma holders.  Blake got to shake both their hands.  Lucky.

And that is the cool thing about going to a church school, if you ask me.


Comments

Gallant Family said…
Awesome you got to go and WAY TO GO BLAKE! I loved being at that school and it was always so cool to be able to meet general authorities.

So....did you pick up one of those cool Mormon T-Shirts?!?
Awe, man, I really wish I could have been there. Nice job with the long walk in heels :) Haha I mistyped and wrote hells at first. Probably more accurate than heels eh?
I'm glad you captured some pictures from the big event. I would have loved to be there, but the pictures help!