Some day I should write the story of how I came into writing. How my story came to life. I should write that. But I've been so busy with writing in my spare time, that even my blog writing is suffering. So, if you didn't know, I'm writing a book. It's no longer a joke, or something I just say. I'm doing it. It's nearly done, I'm that immersed into it.
I've blogged very little about it, because honestly, I wasn't sure I could or would actually do it. But now, well now, we have a serious thing going on.
And that means, I AM writing a book.
I'm not sure why it is that when I decide to do something like this, I jump into it with both feet and don't stop to look to see if I'm going to get hit by a steam roller. Brave or foolish? Crazy or Brilliant?
Don't answer that.
So, thankfully, I am OCD enough that I decided to keep a log of my writing. It's grown into quite a healthy log, if I say so myself.
~~~~~~~~~~
2011
Jan. 28 +2,076 words (First day of writing)
Feb. 19 +9,930 (12,006 total)
Feb. 24 +1,824 (13, 765 total)
Feb. 24 +1, 201 (14, 966 total)
March 23 +1,646 (16,612 total)
March 26 +3,533(20,145 total)
March 26 +1,745 (21,890 total)
April 14 +1,712 (23,602 total)
June 25 +2,887 (26,489 total)
July 13 +2,283 (28,772 total)
July 15 +1,099 (29,871 total)
August 16 +717 (30,588 total)
August 23 +2,105 (32,693 total)
September 3 +792 (33,485 total)
October 18 +826 (34,311 total)
November 10 +3,866 (38,377 total)
2012
Jan. 9 +4,605 (42,982 total)
Jan. 12 +2,288 (45,270 total)
Jan. 17 + 1,292{46,562 total)
+ did a TIMELINE!
Jan. 18 +2,255 (48,817)
Jan. 20 (51,475)
Jan. 22 (54,357)
Jan. 24 (56,808) and
Conference Tickets Booked!
GOAL: January 28, 2012 : 50,000 words
NEW GOAL: Jan. 28, 2012: 60,000 words
End Goal: 100,000
~~~~~~~~~~
DID YOU CATCH THAT???
CONFERENCE TICKETS BOOKED!?!?! No, not the LDS General Conference.
The Romance Writers of America RWA.
Notice it's not call the Romance AUTHORS of America. Writers.
I don't profess to be a writer, but at 56K+ words 'penned' to 'paper' what else do I call myself?
Oh, yeah.
Crazy.
Stop laughing.
Conference registration includes:
When Donna Hatch, my email friend and author of a few published works posted it on her blog, I thought, "I've got to go to this!" Ironically I'd already been mentioning to my sweetheart that we should go to Arizona for a writers conference (a different one), and then I WON a TICKET to that event.
But a few weeks later, she posted this baby.
I had a huge inkling that I should go to this one instead. Of course it costs more. But it's a two and half day event. Not just a one night deal, like the other one was. This one is chock full of opportunities that a newbie like me, should check out completely, don't you agree?
I thought so.
So while I'm dreaming of going, I posted on Facebook a few days ago that I had hit my goal and then some. A short while later a friend commented. Her name is Destiny Now, Destiny is a friend of Dana's. A long time friend. And a friend of hers is a friend of mine, right?
Sure.
So we've been email and Facebook friends for a while.
She comments this on my wall:
I've blogged very little about it, because honestly, I wasn't sure I could or would actually do it. But now, well now, we have a serious thing going on.
And that means, I AM writing a book.
I'm not sure why it is that when I decide to do something like this, I jump into it with both feet and don't stop to look to see if I'm going to get hit by a steam roller. Brave or foolish? Crazy or Brilliant?
Don't answer that.
So, thankfully, I am OCD enough that I decided to keep a log of my writing. It's grown into quite a healthy log, if I say so myself.
~~~~~~~~~~
2011
Jan. 28 +2,076 words (First day of writing)
Feb. 19 +9,930 (12,006 total)
Feb. 24 +1,824 (13, 765 total)
Feb. 24 +1, 201 (14, 966 total)
March 23 +1,646 (16,612 total)
March 26 +3,533(20,145 total)
March 26 +1,745 (21,890 total)
April 14 +1,712 (23,602 total)
June 25 +2,887 (26,489 total)
July 13 +2,283 (28,772 total)
July 15 +1,099 (29,871 total)
August 16 +717 (30,588 total)
August 23 +2,105 (32,693 total)
September 3 +792 (33,485 total)
October 18 +826 (34,311 total)
November 10 +3,866 (38,377 total)
2012
Jan. 9 +4,605 (42,982 total)
Jan. 12 +2,288 (45,270 total)
Jan. 17 + 1,292{46,562 total)
+ did a TIMELINE!
Jan. 18 +2,255 (48,817)
Jan. 20 (51,475)
Jan. 22 (54,357)
Jan. 24 (56,808) and
Conference Tickets Booked!
GOAL: January 28, 2012 : 50,000 words
NEW GOAL: Jan. 28, 2012: 60,000 words
End Goal: 100,000
~~~~~~~~~~
DID YOU CATCH THAT???
CONFERENCE TICKETS BOOKED!?!?! No, not the LDS General Conference.
The Romance Writers of America RWA.
Notice it's not call the Romance AUTHORS of America. Writers.
I don't profess to be a writer, but at 56K+ words 'penned' to 'paper' what else do I call myself?
Oh, yeah.
Crazy.
Stop laughing.
So this is what I'm going to:
Desert Dreams Writers’ Conference provides authors of all skill levels – from beginner to multi-published – with the tools necessary to take their writing to the next level. Sessions will include general writing, career development, genre-specific, agent/publisher spotlights, as well as an agent/editor panel. There will also be one-on-one appointments with editors or agents, a book signing, and keynote addresses. {DID YOU HEAR THAT??? EEEeeeeeeeeek!}
Conference registration includes:
- Workshops Friday afternoon and All Day Saturday
- Dinner and keynote address on Friday
- Saturday luncheon
- Participation in Saturday book signing
- Saturday evening dinner and brainstorming session
- Two-hour work shop Sunday morning
- Friday evening mixer
- One-on-one appointment with editor/agent {AGAIN, DID YOU CATCH THAT???}
- Editor/Agent panel
When Donna Hatch, my email friend and author of a few published works posted it on her blog, I thought, "I've got to go to this!" Ironically I'd already been mentioning to my sweetheart that we should go to Arizona for a writers conference (a different one), and then I WON a TICKET to that event.
But a few weeks later, she posted this baby.
I had a huge inkling that I should go to this one instead. Of course it costs more. But it's a two and half day event. Not just a one night deal, like the other one was. This one is chock full of opportunities that a newbie like me, should check out completely, don't you agree?
I thought so.
So while I'm dreaming of going, I posted on Facebook a few days ago that I had hit my goal and then some. A short while later a friend commented. Her name is Destiny Now, Destiny is a friend of Dana's. A long time friend. And a friend of hers is a friend of mine, right?
Sure.
So we've been email and Facebook friends for a while.
She comments this on my wall:
- You and Dana Marie Gunther Gallant like this.
- Gina Pack Larsen Seriously??? THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Wanna go to a writers conference with me? in April in AZ???January 20 at 10:51pm ·
Destiny Dixon Gutke Super serious! I would be interested in going to a writers conference. Email me the details!
Saturday at 9:20am ·Gina Pack Larsen No need to email. Online. Ever read any Donna Hatch? http://
donnahatch.blogspot.com/ There's two. One in April looks better, but would cost more. But I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for....the other in June. Scroll through her blog, you'll find them. I actually won a free ticket to the June one, but Donna hasn't email me back about it....don't know why. She's usually been pretty good to email me..... Talk soon, we will! Saturday at 9:05pm · ·- That was four days ago.
Today, our tickets are booked, and we are working on travel plans.My husband thinks it's crazy that I would want to go to this with a stranger, but I tell you, she's a sister in my eyes.
I'm so excited!So as a tribute to her, to this project, and to my loving friends who are my biggest supporters, I thought I would put up ONE paragraph of the story. Just one. It's raw, and needs polishing, but here goes.
.....Twenty minutes later......Okay. I've read and read.
I skimmed and then skimmed some more.And I searched for the perfect piece of my little heaven to share with you.
And then I gave up. I just can't do it.
I can't pick one thing to share. It's not in me.You'll have to come over and read or wait for the hard copy.I know you're not that disappointed, but still.Forgive me.
Comments