Starting out 2012 with a Bang

I decided that I wouldn't set resolutions.  But I did set four goals for myself for the month of January.

1. Finish Jeff's Senior Photos.  Done
2. Finish up Ward History, as it is my calling! Done
3. Prepare blogs for Blog2Print books.  Done and Done
4. Reach 50,000 Words for my book by Jan 28th.   Nearly There!

I'm really happy with where it's going and excited to bring to life this world of mine.

I've kept the blog about it private, and I won't share much about it on here, but I thought I would share the one sentence that my book would sport on the New York Times Best Seller list.  See examples HERE for fun.  Really, take a peek first to get an idea of some of the sentences. Short, less than 15 words mostly, with no character names. It will help you get a feel for my sentences power.

I tell ya, it's true.  Look at the list of Best Sellers.



Okay, now here's my sentence. 
The one I would use to pitch my book to some fancy editor or publisher or what have you.


A privileged girl in a lust seeking society discovers her family's life-altering secret: Cupid.

OR

A gentleman in a lust saturated world discovers his family's life-threatening secret: Cupid.

It will depend a bit on whose story becomes the most prevalent.  Will Rozlyn or Lenox become my protagonist?  I just can't tell ya that yet.  I seriously don't know the answer.

Well, anyway.  it's all I've got for now.

Comments

Camille said…
Well you should set resolutions look how fast you complete them. Seriously cant wait until you finish your book so I can read it!! So exciting!

Great sentence as well it for sure catches my eye. I heart cupid and valentines day! :)
Gallant Family said…
OOOH! I am so excited to be able to read the final someday. And since I am not there to read it in person, maybe one of these days when you are bored with NOTHING else to do (bah!), you could call me and read it to me over the phone!!! Hehe! Wouldn't that be nice :0)
Erinn said…
oooh!! i'd like to know how the blog2print turns out... i've been wanting to to do that with my blog!

nice work on the book, and your sentence has me really intrigued!! can't wait to read it!