I had big plans to host a Dessert Drive-By last week, but had to cancel on short notice due to overbooking ourselves. Serene was in cahoots with my big plans too, and I know she was bummed, as she loves chocolate.
And I mean loves, LOVES, LOVES it.
Remember, her tee shirt for the Twilight thing?
Oh, wait, those are the wrong Twilight photos.
Here we go:
Okay, I deleted it I guess. I can't find it.
If you look close, you can see that her shirt is about loving Chocolate.
Team Chocolate.
Moving on.
Next year, however, I will definitely go through with my big Valentines Desert Drive-By. Anyway, the plan was to make a bunch of delicious desserts, and then have friends over for free dessert for Valentines; you can clearly read that on the invite. On the list of things I was going to make was a real-deal-bake-it-and-love-it-fattening-cheesecake-with-chocolate. After purchasing the ingredients, and then canceling, my only option was to bake it anyway.
There's no sense in letting 4 eggs, 4-8oz creams cheeses and some sugar go to waste.
"Waste not, want not," they say.
Plus, I bought the spring-form pan for it. So I had no other option, as you can clearly see.
Slightly nervous to bake my FIRST CHEESECAKE EVER, I proceeded on a morning when I had plenty of time. This baby takes over an hour to whip up and just as long to bake. Then it has to cool for a long time and then needs to be refrigerated for a while.
So, no typical day would work.
I cleared my schedule of anything "important" and started out with my red Kitchen Aide.
Hours later and one day later, it was complete.
And it was divine.
And the nicest compliment was offered by a new friend.
Made me feel good.
"Best cheesecake I've ever had." -Michelle Klingler {I now have a crush on her, if we're being honest. You can't say that kind of sugar-coated nicety to me and not have me blush a little in your presence.}
And I mean loves, LOVES, LOVES it.
Remember, her tee shirt for the Twilight thing?
Oh, wait, those are the wrong Twilight photos.
Here we go:
Okay, I deleted it I guess. I can't find it.
If you look close, you can see that her shirt is about loving Chocolate.
Team Chocolate.
Moving on.
Next year, however, I will definitely go through with my big Valentines Desert Drive-By. Anyway, the plan was to make a bunch of delicious desserts, and then have friends over for free dessert for Valentines; you can clearly read that on the invite. On the list of things I was going to make was a real-deal-bake-it-and-love-it-fattening-cheesecake-with-chocolate. After purchasing the ingredients, and then canceling, my only option was to bake it anyway.
There's no sense in letting 4 eggs, 4-8oz creams cheeses and some sugar go to waste.
"Waste not, want not," they say.
Plus, I bought the spring-form pan for it. So I had no other option, as you can clearly see.
Slightly nervous to bake my FIRST CHEESECAKE EVER, I proceeded on a morning when I had plenty of time. This baby takes over an hour to whip up and just as long to bake. Then it has to cool for a long time and then needs to be refrigerated for a while.
So, no typical day would work.
I cleared my schedule of anything "important" and started out with my red Kitchen Aide.
Hours later and one day later, it was complete.
And it was divine.
And the nicest compliment was offered by a new friend.
Made me feel good.
"Best cheesecake I've ever had." -Michelle Klingler {I now have a crush on her, if we're being honest. You can't say that kind of sugar-coated nicety to me and not have me blush a little in your presence.}
Stop licking your monitor's screen. There are better ways to clean it.
(Remember blog friends, a comment is a nicety too. And be honest if you licked your screen. I won't tell anyone.)

Comments
kyle