We spent Valentine's Day sick at this house. Seems like all four came down with the same cough. It hit Brooklyn the hardest, and then it hit me. It appears to be just the Common Cold.
Who's idea was it to send colds to my house?
Ugh.
So no cute heart shaped pancakes, no cute valentine cut out cookies.
Musinex and Puffs.
We celebrated in style.
I did, however go over to the school, and executed the V-Day Party that Amber and I planned for Landon's class. His teacher seem thrilled with what we did, commenting "It was the best party she's ever had in school for the kids".
That is just a flat out lie. I think she'd had too much chocolate. Or it's her first year teaching. We had ice cream and did a surprise Heart Attack on the principle's office. The kids thought it was pretty sneaky and funny. And we even used glitter. That was the best part I think. Next to the laughter.
I also wanted to spend some time writing about Forerunner society and their traditions that wrap around the Human Holiday of Valentines, but I just didn't have the time. Maybe another day.
It was a pretty fun day, despite the irritability of Brooklyn and Jocelyn, who fought all day long and were down right crabby all day, but only because of the extra chocolate and cinnamon lips around the house.
Comments
Pish, totally keeping the award.