the plus side

You know the stuff some kids get for their birthdays?
The matchy-matchy decorations, with the little gift bags for the party guests?
I haven't ever purchased THAT kind of birthday stuff.
Until this year.

After much begging, and months of kids planning, I was sucked into THAT one party store.
And I gotta tell you, there is a plus side to it.
 See for yourself.





 

I was surprised at how easy it cleaning up the 
million crumbs of chocolate cake and spilled water.
It was cake, I tell ya.
Cake.


On that note, we have hit the birthday season in this house.

Jocelyn was first, and is now five years old. (Jan. 27)
Landon was five days later, and is now seven. (Feb. 2)
I have a few short weeks until we have a nine year old Catelyn. (March 19)
And then three weeks after that we'll have a three Brooklyn. (April 8)

Making the new Song:
3, 5, 7, 9, who do we love most of the time?
Mom and Dad!

Okay, so it's not as great as the 2, 4, 6, 8 bit ya'll know, but still.

And Swagger's getting big too, he'll be six months old Feb 26.


I'm grateful to be a mother, and celebrating a child's birthday is also an accomplishment to the parents, I believe.

Whether that child is 34 or 4, it is a celebration.
And a blessing that the mother didn't eat her babies alive, 
because you know, sometimes that happens on the Animal Planet.

And it's time to tell about my writing contest and the conference, but in a different post.

Comments

Brittany said…
Man you are in trouble when your girls get a little older.... they are so adorable/pretty!
Camille said…
Your just like us in the birthdays. Mine start in February and go through May. :) One after another. Good times. P.S. I like the new song! mine will be 3, 7, 9 and looking fine?! ha ha :) Beautiful kids! great pictures!