of cheesecake and heels


I attempted to make the same cheesecake, my way.  AND it worked!  Instead of a chocolate crust, I went with crushed and sweetened graham crackers, which enabled me to use fruit.  As I blended strawberries to create a delicious topping, I was nervous it wasn't going to work out, but then when I sliced into it all, and topped it off, and served it to my awaiting family and friends, I was delighted with the raving reviews I received from my brother, dad and mom, and everyone else that was eating it!

Whew.  So good.


This is the weirdest bruise I have EVER had.  EVER. Enough said.



And my new shoes arrived!  I bought them off eBay, and it was such a risk for me.  
 
1. What if they don't fit? 
2. What if they are more worn and have more wear and tear than the gal claimed on eBay?  
3. What if they don't arrive at all?

I had been eying the new Jessica Simpson heels for weeks in at Dillards, and they are the exact same plum colored shoe I already own, but in ivory. They are my favorite heels.  They are the most comfy ones I own.

But the ivory shade was the new color, making it a full price item.  Nearly $60-$70!  So when I found the exact same shoe on eBay and it was listed at $40, I was pretty eager to have it be right.

It was the perfect size.
6.5

The perfect color.

And she claimed she'd only worn them once, to a major event...perhaps a wedding?  Anyway, her photos made them look like they were nearly perfect too.

I decided to contact the seller.

And I told her my concerns, but that I was willing to pay $27 total to risk them not working out and if she would accept that, I would buy them immediately.

Two days past, and she took the offer.

And a week later I had them, and when they arrived, and I slipped them on to find them to be perfect for my feet, I REJOICED!!! and then left her the nicest compliment on eBay.  It was the least I could do. 

Comments

Amy Savage said…
Love Love love the shoes! Like really Love them! They are super awesome. Did I mention I love them?