Dear Blog,

I haven't forgotten you.

I've been with your other half, seriouslygina.com. You see, I had to fix up the place:
  • renovate all the HTML codes
  • add a drop down menu
  • revamp the whole look of it before I hand my 'business' card to an editor or agent or a recently published writer or a new friend at this conference.
You remember, I'm going to a Writer's Conference in Arizona?  you don't?  really, how could you not know, it's all I talk about?  Oh, that's right, I've neglected you for a while.

Well, all my friends know about it.

Just in case someone actually visits that site to see what my book is about.

You know, the one I've been working on, instead of working on you?  Don't be jealous.

You'll make it to print long before it will, I assure you.

See, now don't you feel better?

With that in mind, I did a little challenge this week.

I know, with all I do, how ever do I have time to challenge myself to taking a photo a day.  A day in my life.  I liked it.  I think I will do it for each person in the family, a weekly photo of each of them.

Anyway, wanna know what else I was up to, besides sitting here, with you so close yet so far away?

Okay.  I'll spill.

Sunday, April 22
With the kids in bed and spring in the air, a Tang Shake was on my mind. I whipped up two- for Kyle and myself- to enjoy while we watched an episode of The West Wing, season 6.  {We finally own every season! And we've been collecting since 2003 or so!} This is the perfect shake to enjoy.  Truly, it's a drinkable Dreamsicle.  Recipe can be found HERE.

No snide remarks on our Pizza Hut glassware

Monday, April 23
With the conference coming up, I knew I had a three day window to clean up the house, which included washing all the bedding.  I hate stripping and making beds.  I loathe the task, despite how much I enjoy washing sheets and blankets.  I think it's the notion of folding easy things and no socks.



Tuesday, April 24
It was time to "payback" someone.  You see, every time my sister sends a birthday card, there's always a confetti mess to clean, and my kids LOVE it.  So do I.  But I had to send her real money, to pay her back for somethings I purchased from her. Brooklyn had a great time helping me. I made the envelop, as you can see in her hands, from a magazine.  I used to do that ALL.THE.TIME for missionaries.  It was the best kind of mail.




Wednesday, April 25
Officially my Crazy Day.  Pack every one up day.  Because when THIS mom leaves verses when dad leaves, it means preparing everything for while I'm gone, not just packing a suitcase and leaving. {It has nothing to do with control as you might suspect of accuse me of.  I just feel a strong sense of doing everything I can to make it easy on my super busy, hardworking, bishop of a husband.  If I could arrange a way to have the girl's hair done for him every day, I would.}  It means rescheduling orthodontist appointments, farming babies out to family and neighbors during the school hours, arranging rides for birthday parties, baptisms, and such.  It means buying special treats, like pop-tarts for the mornings mom's gone.  It means thinking ahead in case of emergencies, like a broke arm, as to letting the school and caretakers know who to call and where to go. It means washing all the underwear. And stocking the fridge. And making a meal that will serve as dinner for the first night I'm gone. {I get this from my mother, as this is how she ran her ship when I lived in her home.  Tight.}

But today also meant making my own trail mix to eat while I wait for my flights, and while I fly from here to there to Vegas and back.  healthier than pure chocolate.  Sorta.  Anyway, I make my own, by buying specifically what I want in my mix at the bulk section at Winco, and then mix it all at home.  It's prefect that way.  Tailored to meet my tastes perfectly.  You should try it.  We do it all the time, and it keeps my kids happy during all those T-Ball games in June.  Okay, here's my recipe for this.  TrailMix!


Thursday, April 26
Okay, so that's tomorrow.  Kind of unfair if I blog it early, but I know that I won't see this computer for a while, so I cheated.  Who cares. 

You can stop sneering down your nose at me.

Just because I don't blog for two weeks and then pre-blog an event and you don't.

Tomorrow, I will spend some time reading, some time waiting, and flying over a few states, and then finally meeting the person with whom I am sharing this journey with: Destiny.

She and I are about to embark on quite an adventure, and I am confident we are going to have a great time. I'll see Phoenix for the first time.  I'll experience the heat there for the first time.  I'll get to meet Donna Hatch and Susan Lanier.  I'll get to sit through classes on how and what to write so as to capture a reader's heart and attention.  Learn and practice talking about my book with people who live and breath the craft.  I'm nervous, and excited and grateful that my dot com is up and running, just in case someone actually likes me enough to cyber stalk me.  

I borrowed back a purse I gave to a friend to use for this trip, as it's ENORMOUSLYGIGANTICALLYLARGE.  It fits my portfolio, a notebook, my three books I'm reading, my makeup bag, my camera, my wallet, my little zipper bag of lotions and lip glosses AND my quart-sized bag of trail mix AND a bag of Cadbury eggs. *GASP!*

{I know!  Can you believe I still have eggs!}

Oh, you were gasping at the size of the bag.  Yeah, it's Texas.  Perfect for this trip.

 
 


And last but not least.... I am so excited about my new website, I just had to show you.




Don't be jealous, blog.  I still love you.
love, gina

Comments