....that the guy you're about to kiss isn't your husband.....
Let me explain.
As a family, we've been rehearsing like crazy for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Kyle's the butler, the kids are just the kids.
But I waltz around as Potiphar's wife. (Do you KNOW what that woman was up to?)
Except it's all dancy and hip shaky and fake flirty and false sensual. But mostly it's just EVIL. (And I've been trying to tap into my inner evil. Though, not according to my kids, I'm sure.)
(I have these photos of Wray because I stalk him. NO. Because I was helping with props- and we used this photo of him to create some poster pictures we'll use during the show!)
We've had to have several conversations with our kids about what it is that Potipher's wife is trying to do to Joseph. And why Joseph doesn't let her. We've talked about marriage, bad choices, only dating your spouse compared to being single. Tricky stuff, I tell ya, for 4 year olds and 10 year olds and every age in between to understand.
Well, the other night I accidentally slapped Wray in practice. We've been practicing it and never have I hit him, until the other night. And it was a solid slap. It was hilarious.
Oh, I felt bad, I did. But I've been laughing about it since, and thankfully so has he.
And then today there was a little surprise which caused everyone to laugh pretty hard.... I usually flirt with the guards, and then Jaren Layton dips me so I can kiss Kyle.
But today, Kyle had to leave and I didn't know it. Clint Payne took his place, unbeknownst to me.
When I leaned back, fully prepared for a kiss, I got a good look at Clint. It caught me so off guard! It was awesome. And then he made it funnier when he said he missed his one chance.
Not that he'd kiss anyone but his wife. You kinda had to be there, but dang, it was funny. And I so wish Kyle could've seen it.
Point being, open your eyes wide before you go to kiss anyone. Bwahahhahhah!
Let me explain.
As a family, we've been rehearsing like crazy for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Kyle's the butler, the kids are just the kids.
But I waltz around as Potiphar's wife. (Do you KNOW what that woman was up to?)
Except it's all dancy and hip shaky and fake flirty and false sensual. But mostly it's just EVIL. (And I've been trying to tap into my inner evil. Though, not according to my kids, I'm sure.)
We've had to have several conversations with our kids about what it is that Potipher's wife is trying to do to Joseph. And why Joseph doesn't let her. We've talked about marriage, bad choices, only dating your spouse compared to being single. Tricky stuff, I tell ya, for 4 year olds and 10 year olds and every age in between to understand.
Well, the other night I accidentally slapped Wray in practice. We've been practicing it and never have I hit him, until the other night. And it was a solid slap. It was hilarious.
Oh, I felt bad, I did. But I've been laughing about it since, and thankfully so has he.
And then today there was a little surprise which caused everyone to laugh pretty hard.... I usually flirt with the guards, and then Jaren Layton dips me so I can kiss Kyle.
But today, Kyle had to leave and I didn't know it. Clint Payne took his place, unbeknownst to me.
When I leaned back, fully prepared for a kiss, I got a good look at Clint. It caught me so off guard! It was awesome. And then he made it funnier when he said he missed his one chance.
Not that he'd kiss anyone but his wife. You kinda had to be there, but dang, it was funny. And I so wish Kyle could've seen it.
![]() |
| This is the poster photo of Wray we are using when Jacob talks about Joseph's Mother being his favorite. It's Creepy Cool. Thank you Carrie Underwood, for the body double. |
Point being, open your eyes wide before you go to kiss anyone. Bwahahhahhah!

Comments