37th Birthday

The day is coming to a close and I'm on my new(ish) laptop. I don't have any photos on here, so I came to my blog to dig up a few. I got caught up in revisiting so many posts that brought smiles to my face and with each one, a pang of deep guilt set in that I wasn't journaling like this very well these days.

I think I already know what my new years resolution will be. {Here I am.}


Because, I love that I have snippets of our life here. And I don't want to loose that.

So I'll recap today. I woke up to have a lot of notifications on Facebook. So many. 145 in one thread, and over 150 on my wall. Feeling love? Yes. The answer is yes to that.

I spent the morning with Brooklyn, helping her to wrap some presents for the sister missionaries. We adopted them as Secret Santa's and it was blast to wrap and deliver those gifts today.

While she was a school, I ran to the orthodontist for Catelyn, who is needed braces asap. That deserves it's own post!

When I got home, I spent a little time wrapping more stuff and then editing a first chapter for a new friend.

When the kids got her, all heck kinda broke out with a phone call to my cousin Ethney, Paula and Emery coming over so Paula could cut Kyle's hair, the kids wanting snacks, my friend Kallie stopping by to with me a happy birthday... IT WAS AWESOME!

We had dinner and then took off for ice cream and cupcakes at The Cocoa Bean. We made a quick stop to return some slipper Cate bought with her baby sitting money because they ripped. With a fresh, new pair we took off to stop by a friends' home to see their Christmas Villages and then cam home to grab the gifts for the sisters. We delivered them and upon getting home, got kids to bed. They have one more day of school before break.

In the meantime, I've been catching up on those notifications and saying thanks and *blogging* all while texting friends who are still wishing me a great day! Phew! I love it. And note to self for next year. Do not schedule anything other than sitting down with hot cocoa and talking on the phone and answering the door. My friends and family are so thoughtful and kind and it's be overwhelming to have so many reach out to me. *BLESSED!*

Also, this happened to me the other day while in town.

LOOK CLOSE. That's me on the left.

My window sticker says I write. It's my superpower. blah blah blah.

I need to be friends with whoever parked next to me.


Comments